Last Updated: 11 May 2022
Do you know who invented the First Mechanical Computer?
Well, it was Charles Babbage who invented the First Mechanical Computer, who is also known as the Father of the Computer.
The Invention of the Computer led to a Revolution in Human Civilization. It has solved Great Problems for Human Beings and has helped in many Life-Changing Inventions.
In this article, you will learn about Computers from Basic to Advanced levels. This article is going to be a little long, so keep a Little Patience because you will get all the Questions and Answers that you’re looking for.
This article includes topics like Computer Virus, Operating System, Hardware, Software, Full Forms, Comparisons, Inventors, Important Dates, etc
Read all the Computer General Knowledge Questions and Answers to boost your Knowledge.
Basic Computer General Knowledge Questions And Answers
1) Storage Unit
2) Control Unit
3) Input Unit
4) Output Unit
5) Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU)
6) Central Processing Unit (CPU)
1) Memory Unit.
2) Control Unit.
3) Arithmetic Logic Unit
Answer: Eight Bits (8 Bits)
Answer: 1024 MB (1000 MB Standard)
Answer: People who work with Computers
Answer: Blaise Pascal
Answer: Central Processing Unit (CPU)
Answer: Vacuum Tubes
Answer: Operating System
Answer: Input Devices
Answer: Interface Manager (1983)
Answer: Document File Format
Answer: Because they are Volatile
Explanation: Volatile Memory is stored in a Computer Memory that only maintains its data while the device is powered.
Answer: Optical Laser
Answer: Application Software
Answer: Microsoft Corporation
Answer: Intel 4004
Answer: Intel is the world’s Largest Semiconductor Chip manufacturer. Intel’s processors are found in most of the Personal Desktop Computers and Laptops
Related: GK On Cyber Security: Cyber Crime, Cyber Attack (Question And Answer)
Answer: Computer Programming Languages
Answer: Computer File Extensions
Answer: Random Acces Memory
Answer: Computer Program
Answer: Machine language
Answer: Assembly language
Answer: Shakuntala Devi
Related: List Of Top 21 Computer Companies And Their Founders
Answer: Swift Language
Answer: Charles Babbage
Answer: Reed Ghazala
Answer: 2 December
Answer: J.M. Coetzee
Answer: Computer Hardware
1) Data Bus
2) Control Bus
3) Address Bus
Answer: Sir Tim Berners-Lee (1989)
Answer: Basic Input/Output System
Related: List Of Top Websites On the Internet And Their Founders
Answer: Central Processing Unit (CPU)
Answer: Random Access Memory (RAM)
Answer: Hard Drive or Solid State Drive (SSD)
Answer: Decimal, Binary, Hexadecimal, etc
Answer: John McCarthy
Answer: Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer(ENIAC)
Answer: It is a malicious Software or a Program that can reproduce itself by rewriting other accessible PC programs and embedding its own code. After Successful replication, the affected areas are said to be “infected” with a Computer Virus.
Answer: Computer Worm
Answer: 4 Bits
List Of Top 10 Programming Languages and Their Developers
|1||BASIC||John Kemeny & Thomas Kurtz|
|9||Python||Guido van Rossum|
Basic List Of All Computer Related Full-Forms
|1||BASIC||Beginners All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code|
|3||BIOS||Basic Input/Output System|
|5||COMPUTER||Common Operating Machine Purposely Used for Technological and Educational Research|
|6||CPU||Central Processing Unit|
|7||DVD||Digital Video Disc|
|8||FAT||File Allocation Table|
|9||HDD||Hard Disk Drive|
|10||HTTPS||Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure|
|11||IBM||International Business Machines|
|12||I/O||Input & Output|
|13||ISP||Internet Service Provider|
|14||UPS||Uninterruptible Power Supply|
|15||URL||Uniform Resource Locator.|
|16||VIRUS||Vital Information Resources Under Seize|
|18||WAN||Wide Area Network|
|19||WORM||Write Once Read Many|
|20||WLAN||Wireless Local Area Network|
Advanced Computer General Knowledge Questions And Answers
1. What is the Name of the Technique for Assigning a Memory Address to each Input/Output Device in the Security Account Manager System?
Answer: Memory-Mapped I/O
2. How is Forward Reference Table (FRT) Arranged?
Answer: Linked list
3. Which Computer Program does Storage Mapping?
4. What is the Binary Value of 100?
5. Which Program is Available for Computer Users as a part of the Software Package?
Answer: Program Library
6. Which Type of Computer is found in a Digital Watch?
Answer: Embedded Computer
7. Name of the Information in Memory which is no Longer Valid or Wanted?
8. What is the Name of the First Computer Worm?
Answer: Morris Worm
9. Which Computer Programs Manages the Hardware/Software of a Computer?
Answer: Operating System
10. Who is the Co-Founder of Microsoft?
Answer: Paul Allen
11. Which Loader is Executed when a Computer System is First Turned On?
Answer: Bootstrap Loader
12. How much is 1 KB in MB?
Answer: 0.001 MB
13. What is the Name of the First Computer Virus?
Answer: Creeper System
14. Which is the First Computer Virus in India?
Answer: The Brain Virus
15. What is the Name of the Program that can Cope with Data Errors?
Answer: Robust Program
List Of Top 10 Computer Brands And Their Founders
|4||Dell||Michael S. Dell|
16. What is the Smallest Unit of Data in a Computer?
17. In which Generation of Computer Transistors were used?
Answer: Second Generation
18. What is the Decimal Value of Binary Value 1111110?
19. What are Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, and Core i9?
Answer: Intel Processor Names
20. What are Powerful Types of Computers called?
21. What are the 5 Examples of SuperComputers?
1) JAGUAR- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
2) ROADRUNNER- Los Alamos National Laboratory
3) PLEIADES- NASA Ames Research Center
4) JUGENE- Juelich Supercomputing Centre
5) KRAKEN- National Institute for Computational Sciences
22. What is the function of Alt+F4 Key?
Answer: Closes the Currently Open Program
23. What is the function of the F5 Key?
Answer: Refresh a Web Page
24. What is a Programming Language Processor?
Answer: It is a Computer Program which translates programs written in one Programming Language to another Programming Language
25. What is the Most Common Type of Storage Device?
Answer: Magnetic Storage and Flash Memory
26. What is the Extension of Microsoft Office Word?
27. Who designed the QWERTY Keyboard?
Answer: Christopher Latham Sholes
28. What did Charles Babbage (The Father of Computers) invent?
1) Difference Engine
2) Pilot (Locomotive)
3) Analytical Engine
29. What is the name of the First Operating System for Apple Computers?
Answer: Apple DOS
30. What does Mac mean in Apple Computers?
List Of Computer Devices And Their Inventors
|2||Compact Disc (CD)||James Russell|
|4||QWERTY Keyboard||Christopher Latham Sholes|
|5||Inkjet Printer||Ichiro Endo|
|6||Joystick||Ralph H. Bear|
|7||Laser Printer||Gary Starkweather|
|8||Photocopier (Xerox)||Chester Carlson|
31. Which Supercomputer was developed in India?
Answer: PARAM 8000
32. When was Windows 10 released to the Public?
Answer: July 29, 2015
33. What is Picture Element known in Short?
34. Which Device can be both Physical Input and an Output Device?
Answer: Monitor, Speaker, and Printer
35. What is used for sending Control Messages and Errors?
Answer: Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP)
36. Which is more secure HTTP or HTTPS?
37. What is the Function of USB?
Answers: It is a Cross-Platform Technology where you can transfer data from one device to another.
38. What is the Name given to Good Hackers who discovers Security Vulnerabilities Legally?
Answers: White Hat Hackers
39. What are the Examples of Linear Data Structures?
Answers: Array, Stacks, Queue, Linked List
40. How many Buses are connected to 8085 Intel Microprocessors?
Answers: 3 (Three)
41. What is the function of Medium Access Control (MAC)?
Answers: It controls the transmission of data packets via remotely shared channels and is also responsible for encapsulating frames so that they are suitable for transmission via the physical medium.
42. What is the Unit of Clock Speed that we see on a Computer Screen?
Answers: Gigahertz (GHz)
43. What is the Command for System Information in Windows Command Prompt?
44. What is POP3?
Answers: Standard Protocol for receiving E-mails
45. How many Bits does the Intel 8085 Microprocessor have?
46. How many Bits are used in the Data Bus?
Answers: 64 Bits (32 Till 2012)
47. Why are File Extensions used?
Answers: To identify the File Type
48. What does a Microprocessor unit, Memory unit, and Input/Output unit form?
49. What is the Symbol used by the Hexadecimal Number System?
Answers: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and A, B, C, D, E, F
50. In which year did Supercomputer Deep Blue developed by IBM beat chess wizard Garry Kasparov?
Advanced List Of All Computer Related Full-Forms
|1||ACPI||Advanced Configuration and Power Interface|
|2||ALU||Arithmetic Logic Unit|
|3||API||Application Programming Interface|
|5||CMOS||Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor|
|6||EPROM||Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory|
|8||GUI||Graphical User Interface|
|9||ICMP||Internet Control Message Protocol|
|10||NNTP||Network News Transfer Protocol|
|11||OOPS||Object-Oriented Programming System|
|12||PATA||Parallel Advanced Technology Attachment|
|13||PING||Packet InterNet Groper|
|14||SAM||Security Account Manager|
|15||SATA||Serial Advanced Technology Attachment|
|16||SMPS||Switch Mode Power Supply|
|17||SSL||Secure Sockets Layer|
|18||UNIVAC||Universal Automatic Computer|
|19||WBMP||Wireless Bitmap Image|
|20||XML||eXtensible Markup Language|
Interview Computer General Knowledge Questions: Introduction And Fundamentals
1. How was the First Coding Language made?
Answer: The First Codes or Programs were all written in Machine Code using the 1’s and 0’s combined to make Instructions.
2. What is the Other Name of Morris Worm?
Answer: Internet Worm
3. What is the Perl Programming Language used for?
Answer: System Administration, Network Programming, GUI Development, Web Development, etc
4. What is the Lisp Programming Language used for?
Answer: Emacs and the Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
5. What is the Name of the First Compiler?
6. Who Wrote the First Implemented Compiler?
Answer: Grace Hopper
7. What is JDK?
Answer: Java Development Kit
8. Who is the Father of Coding?
Answer: Dennis MacAlistair Ritchie
9. What language is Python written in?
Answer: C Language
10. What are the 4 types of Programming Languages?
11. What does ANSI Stand for?
Answer: American National Standards Institute
12. What is the Full Form of BASIC?
Answer: Beginner’s All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code
13. What is the use of SQL?
Answer: Structured Query Language (SQL) is used for performing tasks such as updating data on a database and retrieving data from a database
14. Who is the Man behind C++?
Answer: Bjarne Stroustrup
15. Why is Matlab Useful?
Answer: It is designed for mathematical and scientific purposes that has plenty of tools to deal with most areas of Mathematics. Matlab typically uses Math and computation.
16. What is the use of CSS?
Answer: Developing Internet Webpages
17. Name the Two most commonly used Programming Languages for Common Gateway Interface (CGI) Scripts?
Answer: Perl and C++
18. What is Beta Testing?
Answer: A Trial Test of Software or Other Products in the Final Stages of Development and before the Commercial Launch.
19. Who is the Mother of Programming?
Answer: Ada Lovelace
20. Which is the Oldest Computer Language?
Answer: Fortran (1957)
21. Which programming language is called the Mother of all Languages?
Answer: C Language
22. What is the Main Difference between C and C++?
Answer: C is a Procedural Oriented Programming Language while C++ is a combination of both Procedural and Object-Oriented Programming Language.
23. What is the use of RAM and ROM?
RAM: Temporary Memory when the Computer is Running
ROM: Boot the Computer
24. What is the Main Difference between Microprocessor and Microcontroller?
Answer: Microprocessor has CPU Inside Them and Microcontroller has a CPU in Addition.
25. What is the One Difference between Structure and Union?
Answer: Structure is a User-Defined Data Type and Union is a Special Data Type
26. Which Keys are Called as Modifiers in a Keyboard?
Answer: Shift, Function, Control, Alt
27. Which Key can be used for Renaming Files and Folders?
28. Which are the Widely used Scripting Language?
29. How many ways can the Floating-Point Operation be carried out?
Answer: 3 (Three)
30. What is the use of the Arithmetic Logic Unit?
Answer: To perform Arithmetic and Logical Operations
31. What is the Tagline of Google?
Answer: Don’t Be Evil
32. What is the Tagline of Microsoft?
Answer: Be What’s Next
33. Who is the founder of Rediff.com?
Answer: Ajit Balakrishnan
34. When was Gmail Launched?
Answer: 1 April 2004
35. Name of the first Email Service?
Answer: ARPANET mail
36. What is the Full Form of COBOL?
Answer: Common Business-Oriented Language
37. What are IC Chips made of?
38. Which is the First Windows Server?
Answer: Windows NT 3.1 (27 July 1993)
39. What is the Code Name for Windows 10?
Answer: Threshold and Redstone
40. What is an Example of Non Volatile Memory?
Answer: ROM, Flash Memory, SSD, Hard Disk
41. Who Discovered the Internet?
Answer: Vinton Gray Cerf and Robert Elliot Kahn
42. Name the World’s First Search Engine?
43. Which was the First Web Browser?
44. Where is BIOS stored?
Answer: Flash Memory Chip
45. MS Word is an example of?
Answer: Application Software
46. What is the Name of the Structure when data moves through Networks?
47. Who is the Founder of Bluetooth?
Answer: Jaap Haartsen (At Ericsson)
48. Which Computer Component is considered as the Heart of Computer?
49. DNS refers to?
Answer: Domain Name System
50. What is the Port Number of POP3?
51. First Website on the Internet?
Answer: CERN (Address: http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html)
52. How many Bits are there in IPv6 address?
Answer: 128 Bits
53. How are Web Pages Created?
Answer: Using Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
54. In which field Email Addresses are visible to all Recipients?
Answer: CC (Carbon Copy)
Explanation: Email Addresses in the BCC Field of a Message are invisible only to the Recipients of the email.
55. How many Types of Memory are there?
Answer: Primary Memory (RAM, ROM) and Secondary Memory (Hard drive, CD, SSD)
56. What is Cache?
Answer: Type of Data stored in a Computer’s Memory so that future requests for that Data can be Served Faster.
57. What is the full form of PDF?
Answer: Portable Document Format
58. What is the Binary Value of A and Z?
Answer: A: 01000001 and Z: 01011010
59. What are the ASCII Values for “A to Z” and “a to z”?
Answer: 65 to 90 and 97 to 122
60. Who is the Father of Indian Supercomputing?
Answer: Vijay Bhatkar
Tagline Of Famous Companies
|1||Amazon||Work hard. Have Fun. Make History|
|3||Dell||The Power To Do More|
|6||Lenovo||For Those Who Do|
|7||Oracle||Can’t Break It, Can’t Break-In|
|8||Don’t Be Evil|
|9||Microsoft||Be What’s Next|
Important Dates In Computer History
|1||Amazon||05 July 1994|
|2||Apple||01 April 1976|
|3||Baidu||01 January 2000|
|4||Blogger||23 August 1999|
|5||BitTorrent||22 September 2004|
|6||Dell||01 February 198|
|8||04 September 1998|
|9||HP||01 January 1939|
|10||IBM||16 June 1911|
|11||Microsoft||04 April 1975|
|12||Oracle||16 June 1977|
|13||Wikipedia||15 January 2001|
|15||YouTube||14 February 2005|
Thanks for reading Computer General Knowledge Questions And Answer