Last Updated: 25 July 2021
If You’re looking for Facts about Elon Musk! You’ve come to the right place.
Elon Reeve Musk, popularly known as “Elon Musk” is the founder of many leading MNC’s in the world. He is mostly known for his company Tesla and SpaceX.
In this article, You’ll find all the interesting facts about Elon Musk’s Career, Companies, Education, and many other fascinating facts that you’ve never heard before.
|All Amounts Mentioned Here Are In United States Dollar $|
Elon Musk’s Biography
|1||Name||Elon Reeve Musk|
|2||Date of Birth||June 28, 1971|
➢ Industrial Designer
|5||Net Worth||153 Billion (December 2020)|
Elon Musk’s Education
|1||Waterkloof House Preparatory School||School|
|2||Bryanston High School||School|
|3||Pretoria Boys High School||School|
|4||University of Pretoria||No Degree|
|5||Queen’s University||No Degree|
|6||University of Pennsylvania|
(Economics & Physics)
|BS & BA|
(Ph.D. in Applied Physics and Material Sciences)
Elon Musk attended Waterkloof House Preparatory School and Bryanston High School before graduating from Pretoria Boys High School. He studied at the University of Pretoria for 5 months and attended Queen’s University in Canada in 1889.
In 1992 Elon Musk studied at the University of Pennsylvania where he received the dual degree of BS and BA (Integrated) in Economics & Physics in 1997.
Elon Musk received a Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in economics from the Wharton School and a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in physics from the College of Arts and Sciences.
Elon Musk’s Best Quotes
Elon Musk’s Citizenship
Elon Musk’s Relationship, Family, and Children
|3||1st Wife||Justine Wilson (2000-2008)|
|4||2nd Wife||Talulah Riley (2010-2012, 2013-2016)|
|5||Partner||Grimes (2018- )|
|9||Son||X Æ A-12|
Companies Founded By Elon Musk
|1||The Boring Company||Founder|
Facts About Elon Musk
- Elon Musk is the Chief Designer of SpaceX and Product Architect of Tesla.
- He was elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society (FRS) in 2018.
- In 2008 Elon Musk was ranked 25th on the Forbes list of the World’s Most Powerful People.
- As of December 19, 2020, Musk’s net worth was estimated by Forbes to be $153.5 Billion making him the second richest person on the planet.
- Elon Musk was born to a Canadian Mother and South African Father.
- He holds the citizenship of 3 Countries (South African, Canadian, & U.S)
- Elon Musk dropped out of Stanford University after two days.
- His Company Zip2 was acquired by Compaq for $307 Million in 1999.
- Elon founded SpaceX in 2002.
- In 2018, The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission sued him for his falsely tweet that he had secured funding for a private takeover of Tesla at $420/Share
Foundation Years Of Elon Musk’s Companies
|1||Zip2||1995||1) Elon Musk|
2) Kimbal Musk
3) Greg Kouri
|4||Tesla, Inc.||2003||1) Martin Eberhard|
2) Marc Tarpenning
3) Elon Musk
4) Ian Wright
5) JB Straubel
|5||SolarCity||2006||1) Lyndon Rive|
2) Peter Rive
|6||OpenAI||2015||1) Elon Musk|
2) Sam Altman
3) Wojciech Zaremba
4) Greg Brockman
5) Ilya Sutskever
6) John Schulman
|7||The Boring Company||2016||Elon Musk|
Common Questions Ask About Elon Musk
Answer: “You’re standing on the surface of the earth. You walk one mile south, one mile west, and one mile north. You end up exactly where you started. Where are you?”
Answer: Be a problem-Solver
1. Entrepreneurial Spirit
2. Passion for Innovation
3. Strategic Direction
4. Positive Energy
5. Personal Integrity
Answer: 155 (Estimation)
Answer: $153.5 Billion (19 December 2020)
Answer: June 28, 1971 (Age 49)
Answer: For his work on SpaceX and Tesla Electric Cars
Answer: University of Pennsylvania (BS and BA, 1992-1997)
Answer: Stanford University
Answer: 3 Times
More Interesting Facts About Elon Musk
- Elon Musk taught himself Computer Programming at the age of 9.
- Musk was the inspiration for Tony Stark, a.k.a Iron Man.
- Elon read the entire encyclopedia at the age of 9 years old.
- Elon’s mother is Maye Musk, who is a Model and Dietitian from Canada.
- Elon Musk’s dad is an Electromechanical Engineer.
- His parents got divorced in 1980 after which Elon choose to live with his dad but he subsequently regretted it.
- At age 12 Elon sold the code of a BASIC-based video game called Blaster to PC and Office Technology magazine for approx $500.
- During his childhood, he mostly read Isaac Asimov’s Foundation series from which he drew many important life lessons.
- Elon moved to the United States in June 1989 just before his 18th birthday.
- In 1994, Elon Musk held two internships in Silicon Valley during the summer at an energy storage start-up called Pinnacle Research Institute and at the Palo Alto-based start-up Rocket Science Games.
Elon Musk’s Business Career
- Elon Musk, Kimbal Musk, and Greg Kouri started Zip2 in 1995.
- They housed the Venture at a small rented office in Palo Alto.
- The Software Company implemented Vector Graphics Mapping and Direction Code in Java.
- Before the company became successful Elon use to sleep at the Office Couch.
- Elon said that they could only afford one computer, and he consequently coded at night, seven days a week all the time because the website was live during the day.
- Compaq acquired Zip2 for $307 Million in cash in February 1999.
- Elon received $22 Million from his 7% share from the sale.
2. X.com and PayPal
- X.com was founded in 1999 by Elon Musk with $10 Million from the sale of Zip2.
- After 1 year the company merged with Confinity, which had a money-transfer service called PayPal.
- The Merged company mainly focused on PayPal services and was renamed PayPal completely from X.com in 2001.
- Elon was kicked out from his role as CEO in October 2000.
- PayPal was acquired by eBay for $1.5 Billion in stock in October 2002.
- This Sale made Musk receive $165 Million from the sale of his 11.7% PayPals Share.
- In 2017, Musk purchased the domain X.com from PayPal for an undisclosed amount.
- With $100 Million of his PayPals Share, Musk founded Space Exploration Technologies Corporation (traded as SpaceX) in May 2002.
- In 2006, NASA announced that SpaceX was selected to provide Crew and Cargo resupply demonstration contracts to the International Space Station.
- In 2012 SpaceX made history as the first Commercial Company to launch and berth a vehicle to the International Space Station.
- SpaceX received funding under NASA’s Commercial Crew Development program, to develop the Dragon 2 Crew capsule.
- In 2015, on December 22, SpaceX successfully landed the first stage of its Falcon rocket back at the launch pad.
- 20 out of 42 First Stage Falcon 9 boosters have been recovered overall since the Falcon 9 maiden flight in 2010.
- By 2016, Musk’s Private Trust held 54% of SpaceX stocks.
- Tesla, Inc. was originally known as Tesla Motors.
- Martin Eberhard & Marc Tarpenning played active roles in the Company’s early development prior to Elon Musk’s involvement.
- All the founders of Tesla were inspired by the earlier AC Propulsion tzero Electric Roadster Prototype.
- As of 2020, Elon Musk is the longest-tenured CEO of any Automotive Manufacturer globally (13 Years).
- As of December 31, 2019, Elon Musk owns 20.8% of Tesla’s Stock which is about 38.6 Million Shares.
- Musk provided the initial concept and financial capital for SolarCity.
- In 2012, Elon Musk announced that SolarCity and Tesla would collaborate to use electric vehicle batteries to smooth the impact of Rooftop Solar on the Power Grid.
- By 2013, SolarCity was the second largest provider of solar power systems in the United States.
- Tesla acquired SolarCity for over $2 Billion in 2016.
- The announcement of the deal leads to a 10% drop in Tesla’s stock price at that time.
- In 2013 August 12 Elon unveiled a concept for a high-speed Transportation System known as Hyperloop.
- The alpha design for the system was published in a whitepaper posted to the Tesla and SpaceX blogs.
- Such a transport system might be built between the Greater Los Angeles Area and the San Francisco Bay Area at an estimated total cost of $6 Billion.
- Musk proposed that traveling with Hyperloop will be cheaper than any other mode of transport for such long distances.
- In June 2015, Musk announced a design competition for students to build Hyperloop pods.
- OpenAI was created by Elon Musk in December 2015.
- OpenAI aims to develop Artificial General Intelligence in a way that is safe and beneficial to humanity
- Elon Musk thinks that by making AI available to everyone it will counteract large corporations devoted to profits.
- In 2018 Musk left the OpenAI board to avoid possible future conflicts with his role as the CEO of Tesla.
- Musk foundation had added a line to its website, stating its support for the “Development of Safe Artificial Intelligence to Benefit Humanity”
- Neuralink was Co-founded by Elon Musk in 2016 to integrate the human brain with Artificial Intelligence.
- Musk sees Neuralink and OpenAI as related because OpenAI is dedicated to minimizing the dangers of Artificial Intelligence, while Neuralink is working on ways to implant technology into our brains to create mind-computer interfaces.
- In August 2020, Musk described one of their early devices as a “Fitbit in Your Skull”
9. The Boring Company
- On December 17, 2016, Musk while stuck in traffic tweeted “I am going to build a tunnel boring machine and just start digging …”
- The company was named “The Boring Company” (TBC) On January 21, 2017.
- In February 2017, the company began digging a 30-foot (9.1 m) wide, 50-foot (15 m) long, and 15-foot (4.6 m) deep “test trench” on the premises of Space X’s offices in Los Angeles.
- Musk said The Boring Company sold 2,000 “flamethrowers” in 2018
Interesting Facts About Elon Musk You Didn’t Know
- On September 6, 2018, Musk takes a puff of a cigar laced with cannabis on The Joe Rogan Experience Podcast.
- On March 30, 2019, Musk released a rap track, “RIP Harambe“, on SoundCloud under the name “Emo G Records”.
- On January 30, 2020, Musk released an EDM track, “Don’t Doubt Ur Vibe“, featuring his own lyrics.
- Musk says that he is Half Democrat and Half Republican.
- Musk has frequently spoken about the dangers of Artificial Intelligence, calling it the most serious threat to the survival of the human race.
- In early 2020 Elon Musk received criticism for his statement “Coronavirus Panic is Dumb”
- Musk first son with Justine Wilson died of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- Musk’s son X Æ A-12 was deemed illegal under California law so eventually it was changed to “X AE A-XII” where “X” as a first name and “AE A-XII” as a middle name.
- Elon was asked by the grandnephew of Nikola Tesla, to donate $8 Million toward the construction of the Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe.
- In October 2019, Musk donated $1 Million to ‘#TeamTrees‘ a tree planting initiative to plant 20 million trees.
- The Tesla Model S was awarded a 5.4 out of 5 safety rating from the National Highway Safety Administration, the highest rating ever given to an automobile
Awards And Honors Received By Elon Musk
|No.||Year||Awards & honors|
|1||2006||Musk was made a member of the “United States National Academy of Sciences Aeronautics and Space Engineering Board”|
|2||2007||Inc. magazine awarded Elon Musk as the “Entrepreneur of the Year award for 2007 for his work on Tesla and SpaceX”|
|3||2007||Index Design award for his “Design of the Tesla Roadster”|
|4||2008||American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics George Low award for the “Most Outstanding Contribution in the Field of Space Transportation in 2007/2008”|
|5||2008||National Wildlife Federation “2008 National Conservation Achievement Award” for Tesla and SolarCity|
|6||2009||National Space Society’s Von Braun Trophy in 2008/2009, given for leadership of the “Most Significant Achievement in Space”|
|7||2010||Time’s 100 people who most affected the world in 2010|
|8||2011||Forbes listed Musk as one of “America’s 20 Most Powerful CEOs under 40”|
|9||2012||Musk was awarded the Royal Aeronautical Society’s Highest Award (a Gold Medal)|
|10||2013||Musk was named the “Fortune Businessperson” of the year for SpaceX, SolarCity, and Tesla|
|11||2014||Elon Musk was honored with an Edison Achievement Award for his “Commitment to Innovation Throughout his Career”|
|12||2015||He was awarded the “IEEE Honorary Membership”|
|13||2016||Business Insider named Elon Musk one of the “Top 10 Business Visionaries Creating Value for the World” along with Mark Zuckerberg and Sal Khan|
|14||2017||Awarded the “Oslo Business for Peace Award”|
|15||2018||Musk was ranked 25th on “Forbes list of The World’s Most Powerful People”|
|16||2019||Elon was awarded the “Starmus Festival’s Stephen Hawking Medal for Science Communication”|
|17||2020||Elon Musk was ranked #2 on Forbes’ Billionaires List|
|Read More Good Articles|