Last Updated: 11 August 2021
Cyber Security is the Protection of Your’s, Your Family’s, Your Client’s Computer System, and the Network associated with it.
It is the protection of the Computer System from the theft of Passwords, Documents, Files, etc, and damage to the Hardware, Software, and Electronic data.
As we get more into the Digital World every day, Cyber Security has become a very important part of the Internet today and a major challenge to make it secure.
In this article, you will learn about Cyber Attacks, Cyber Crimes, and we also included Cyber Security Exam Questions and Answers.
Read all the GK On Cyber Security, Cyber Crime, Cyber Law, Cyber Attacks, and the current affairs of Cyber Security. A list of Cyber Offenses with Penalties is mention on the last page.
GK On Cyber Security
1) Critical Infrastructure Security
2) Cloud Security
3) Network Security
4) Application Security
5) Internet of Things Security (IoT)
5) SQL Injection
6) Zero-Day Exploit
7) DNS Tunneling
10) Cross-Site Scripting
Answer: Virtual Private Network
DoS: Denial of Service
DDoS: Distributed Denial of Service
Answer: Internet Protocol Address
Answer: Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure
Answer: Hypertext Markup Language
Answer: eXtensible Markup Language
Answer: Carnivore and NarusInSight
Answer: Internet Service Provider
Answer: The Information Technology Act (2000)
Answer: President K. R. Narayanan (9 May 2000)
Answer: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Answer: 19 July 2016
Answer: New Delhi
Answer: Imprisonment up to 3 Years, or/and with Fine up to ₹500,000
Answer: Malicious Modification and Alteration of Data
2) Phone Call
Answer: Child Sexual Abuse Material
1) Cyber Criminals
3) State-Sponsored Attackers
4) Insider Threats
Answer: National Security Agency
1) Accidental Leaks
3) Data Theft
5) Compromised Users
Answer: Media Access Control Address
Answer: Domain Name System
Answer: Security Information and Event Management
1) Security Analyst
2) Security Engineer
3) Security Architect
4) Security Administrator
5) Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
6) Chief Security Officer (CSO)
7) Security Consultant
8) Security Specialist
9) Security Intelligence
Answer: File Transfer Protocol
1) Data Security
2) Protection from Viruses, Spyware, Malware
3) Protection from Rootkits, Trojans, Phishing Attacks, Spam Attack
4) Protection from Cyber Threats
Answer: Completely Automated Public Turing (test to tell) Computers and Humans Apart
Answer: Offence for publishing information that is obscene in electronic form
Answer: Imprisonment for 5 Years with ₹1,000,000 Fine
Answer: Acts of Cyber Terrorism (Section 66F)
Answer: Securing access or attempting to secure access to a protected system (Section 70)
1) Information Sharing and Analysis Center (ISAC)
2) End Now Foundation
3) Incognito Forensic Foundation
4) Filternet Foundation
Answer: SQL Injection
1) Porous Defenses
2) Risky Resource Management
3) Insecure Interaction Between Components
Answer: Kali Linux
Answer: Machine Language
Answer: Secure Sockets Layer
Answer: Transport Layer Security
Answer: Center for Internet Security (CIS)
Answer: Pikachu virus
Answer: Elk Cloner (1982)
Answer: Brain (1986)
Answer: Fred Cohen
Types Of Security And Privacy
|2||Anti-Keyloggers||12||Intrusion Detection System (IDS)|
|3||Anti-Malware||13||Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)|
|4||Anti-Spyware||14||Log Management Software|
|5||Anti-Subversion Software||15||Parental Control|
|6||Anti-Tamper Software||16||Records Management|
|8||Antivirus Software||18||Security Information Management|
|10||Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD)||20||Software and Operating System Update|
51. Who made McAfee Antivirus?
Answer: John McAfee
52. Which Company developed Norton Antivirus?
Answer: Symantec Corporation
53. Who coined the term “Computer Virus”?
Answer: Fred Cohen
54. What does the term Threat, Vulnerability, and Risk mean?
1) Threat: The Potential to cause harm by destroying the data of a system
2) Vulnerability: Weaknesses in a Computer System
3) Risk: Potential Damage when threat exploits the vulnerability
55. What are the full forms of IDS and IPS?
IDS: Intrusion Detection Systems
IPS: Intrusion Prevention Systems
56. What is CDN?
Answer: Content Delivery Network
57. What is Error 404 Not Found?
Answer: HTTP response code where the browser was able to communicate with a given server, but the server could not find the requested webpage.
58. What is XSS?
Answer: Cross-Site Scripting
59. What is CSRF?
Answer: Cross-Site Request Forgery
60. What does BIOS stand for?
Answer: Basic Input/Output System
61. What is the CIA in Cyber Security?
Answer: Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability
62. What does WWW stand for?
Answer: World Wide Web
63. What is the full form of Malware?
Answer: Malicious Software
64. Which attacks take place when there is an excessive amount of data flow which the system cannot handle?
Answer: The Buffer Overflow Attack
65. An example of Physical Hacking?
Answer: Inserting Malware loaded USB to a Computer System
66. Which method of Cyber Attack will record all your Keystrokes?
67. What is a Computer Worm?
Answer: It is a Malware that spreads copies of itself without any human interaction from computer to computer.
68. What is Stuxnet?
Answer: Computer Worm
69. A program used for recording and tracking user’s keystrokes?
70. Which Cyber Attack is not wireless?
71. How many key elements constitute the Security Structure?
Answer: 4 (Four)
72. What is Integrity in Cyber Security?
Answer: Protection of your data from modification by unknown users
73. What is Confidentiality in Cyber Security?
Answer: Protection of your information from being accessed by unknown users
74. When does Data Tampering occur in Cyber Security?
Answer: Lack of Integrity in a Security System
75. Expert groups, that handle Computer Security Incidents?
Answer: Computer emergency response team (CERT)
76. Name the technical Intelligence Agency that acts under the National Security Advisor of India in the Prime Minister Office?
Answer: National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO)
77. When was NTRO founded?
78. Which Database is used by Google?
79. What is the name of the First Computer Virus that fills up the hard drive until a Computer could not operate any further?
Answer: Creeper System
80. What Is Data Encryption?
Answer: Convert Data into another form so that only people with a secret key or password can read it.
81. Full form of Computer “VIRUS”?
Answer: Vital Information Resources Under Seize
82. What is a Trojan Horse?
Answer: A Computer Virus
83. What is a Code Red?
Answer: Computer Worm
84. Which hacker was arrested in 1995 and Prisoned for 5 Years?
Answer: Kevin Mitnick
85. What is the name of the Act that governs Internet usage in India?
Answer: Information Technology Act (2000)
86. What are the Top 5 Cyber Crimes?
1) Phishing scams
2) Online Harassment
3) Identity Theft scam
4) Invasion of privacy
87. How can I report Cyber Crime?
Answer: Filing a Complaint on National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal
88. Plan of Actions designed to improve the security and resilience of national infrastructures and services in India?
Answer: National Cyber Security Strategy (NCSS)
89. What Technology is used for Hiding Information inside a picture?
90. What is the name of the Attack that uses a Fraudulent Server with a relay address?
Answer: Man-In-The-Middle Attack (MITM)
91. Why would a Hacker use a Proxy Server?
Answer: To hide Malicious Activity on the Internet
92. What is the Penalty for Publishing Child Porn?
Answer: ₹1,000,000 Fine and 5 Years Prison
93. Name the response protocol that is widely used for querying databases?
94. What is the name of the tool that can be used for SNMP Enumeration?
Answer: IP Network Browser
95. What is the full form of SNMP?
Answer: Simple Network Management Protocol
96. Which form of Encryption does WPA use?
Answer: Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP)
97. What does URL Stand for?
Answer: Uniform Resource Locator
98. Who manages the Domain Name registration process and the assignment of IP) addresses to the ISPs?
Answer: Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
99. Which type of scan contains a Sequence Number of 0 and sets NO flags?
Answer: Null Scan
100. What is a Proxy Server?
Answer: Server that acts as a gateway between You and the Internet
List Of Offenses And Corresponding Penalties
|65||Tampering with Computer Source Documents||₹200,000||3 Years|
|66||Hacking with Computer System||₹500,000||3 Years|
|66B||Receiving Stolen Computer or Communication Device||₹100,000||3 Years|
|66C||Using the Password of Another Person||₹100,000||3 Years|
|66D||Cheating using Computer Resource||₹100,000||3 Years|
|66E||Publishing Private Images of Others||₹200,000||3 Years|
|66F||Acts of Cyber Terrorism||–||Lifetime|
|67||Publishing Information which is Obscene in Electronic Form||₹1,000,000||5 Years|
|67A||Publishing Images Containing Sexual Acts||₹1,000,000||7 Years|
|67B||Publishing Child Porn or Predating Children Online||₹1,000,000||5 Years|
|67C||Failure to Maintain Records||–||3 Years|
|68||Failure/Refusal to Comply with Orders||₹100,000||2 Years|
|69||Failure/Refusal to Decrypt Data||–||7 Years|
|70||Securing Access or Attempting to Secure Access to a Protected System||–||10 Years|