Do you know how many days was Indira Gandhi The Prime Minister of India?
She served as the Prime Minister of India for a Total of 15 Years 350 days.
Indira Gandhi is the Third Prime Minister of India and also the Second longest-serving Prime Minister of India after her father Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
There are many things to learn about Indira Gandhi and her works. In this article, you will get all the GK Questions on Indira Gandhi with several interesting facts.
Gk Questions On Indira Gandhi
1. What is the Full Name of Indira Gandhi?
Answer: Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi
2. What is the Original Name of Indira Gandhi?
Answer: Indira Priyadarshini Nehru
3. When was Indira Gandhi Born?
Answer: 19 November 1917
4. When was Indira Gandhi Assassinated?
Answer: 31 October 1984
5. What is the name of Indira Gandhi’s Memorial?
Answer: Shakti Sthal (Place of Power)
6. When was Indira Gandhi elected as the Third Prime Minister of India?
Answer: 24 January 1966
7. When was Indira Gandhi elected for the Second Term as the Prime Minister of India?
Answer: 14 Jan 1980
8. Which Revolution was announced by Indira Gandhi in 1968?
Answer: Green Revolution
9. What are the Achievements of Indira Gandhi?
Answer: 1) Bharat Ratna- 1971 2) Lenin Peace Prize-1984 3) Jawaharlal Nehru Award for International Understanding-1984
10. Who is the Father of Indira Gandhi?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru
11. Who are the Children of Indira Gandhi?
Answer: Rajiv Gandhi and Sanjay Gandhi
12. Who is the First and To-Date only Female Prime Minister of India?
Answer: Indira Gandhi
13. Who is the Mother of Indira Gandhi?
Answer: Kamala Nehru
14. What is the Cause of Indira Gandhi’s Death?
15. How many terms did Indira Gandhi serve as the Prime Minister of India?
Answer: 2 Terms
16. Who was the President of India when Indira Gandhi became the First Female Prime Minister?
Answer: Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
17. Who was the President of India when Indira Gandhi became the Prime Minister for the Second Term?
Answer: Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
18. What were the Portfolios of Indira Gandhi?
Answer: 1) Minister of Finance (16 July 1969) 2) Minister of Home Affairs (27 June 1970) 3) Minister of External Affairs (22 August 1967) 4) Minister of Defence (30 November 1975) 5) Minister of Information and Broadcasting (9 June 1964)
19. What is the Political Party of Indira Gandhi?
Answer: Indian National Congress (INC)
20. Which two Services were held by Indira Gandhi for both the terms of her Ministry?
Answer: 1) Minister of External Affairs: (22 Aug 1967 – 14 Mar 1969) and (9 Mar 1984 – 31 Oct 1984) 2) Minister of Defence: (30 Nove 1975 – 20 Dec 1975) and (14 Jan 1980 – 15 Jan 1982)
21. Who is the First Female Minister of Finance?
Answer: Indira Gandhi (16 July 1969)
22. Which Award was given to Indira Gandhi by Bangladesh?