Last Updated: 31 August 2021
Coronavirus, also popularly known as COVID-19 and 2019 Novel Coronavirus is a newly discovered virus which had caused a great pandemic situation in most parts of the world.
This virus had taken many innocent lives speedily in a few months, likewise also spreading globally at a very quick rate. It was first detected in Wuhan city, China.
To overcome this virus necessary measures had been taken by the Government and by the public.
In this article, we are providing questions and answers on Coronavirus which can be very helpful for competitive exams and increasing your knowledge.
General Knowledge Quiz On Coronavirus
1. What is Coronavirus?
2. When was the first Coronavirus case in China Identified?
A) 31 December 2018
B) 31 December 2019
C) 31 December 2020
D) 31 January 2020
3. When was Coronavirus named as COVID-19 by WHO?
A) 11 February 2020
B) 11 January 2020
C) 11 March 2020
D) 11 December 2019
4. What is the name of the Mobile App launched by the Indian Government to track the spread of COVID-19?
A) Arogya Setu
B) Aarogya Setu
C) Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan
D) Online RTI
5. When was the outbreak declared as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern?
A) 31 December 2019
B) 1 January 2020.
C) 30 January 2020.
D) 30 February 2020.
6. When was the Coronavirus outbreak declared as a Pandemic Concern by WHO?
A) 11 January 2020
B) 11 February2020
C) 11 March 2020
D) 11 December 2020
7. Which city had the first Coronavirus case in China?
8. Which state had the first COVID-19 case in India?
9. The first state in India to become a Coronavirus-free state?
10. In which age group does the COVID-19 spread?
C) Old aged people
D) All of the above
11. On 11 February WHO announced an official name for the Novel Coronavirus 2019?
12. Which of the following diseases are related to COVID-19?
A) SARS and MERS
C) Bubonic Plague
13. What name did ICTV (International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses) announce on 11 February 2020 for the new virus?
14. Which organization named the Coronavirus as COVID-19
15. The second country to receive a Coronavirus case after china?
C) United States
16. The third country to receive a Coronavirus case?
A) Unites States
D) South Korea
17. What does quarantine mean?
A) State of isolation from people or animals that have arrived from elsewhere.
B) No restriction on the movement of people and goods.
C) State of contact with people or animals that have arrived from elsewhere.
D) None of the above
18. Name of the fund created by Prime Minister of India to combat Novel Coronavirus?
A) PM INDIA
B) PM CARES Fund
C) PMO Fund
D) PM National Relief Fund
19. Full-Form of PM CARES Fund?
A) Project Management Condition Asset and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund
B) The Prime Minister’s Contribution Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund
C) Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund
D) Prime Minister’s Condition Assistance and Relief in Emergency Standard Fund
20. When was PM CARES Fund Created?
A) 28 March 2020
B) 28 January 2020
C) 28 February 2020
D) 28 April 2020
21. The minimum donation accepted for the PM CARES Fund is?
22. How much money did TATA TRUST contribute to fighting against COVID-19?
B) ₹500 Cr
C) ₹5000 Cr
D) ₹50 Cr
23. How much money did TATA Sons contribute to fighting against COVID-19?
A) ₹10000 Cr
B) ₹1000 Cr
C) ₹100 Cr
D) ₹10 Cr
24. Name of the disease caused by viruses in Wuhan, China at the end of 2019?
25. Which organization declared Coronavirus outbreak as a Pandemic Concern?
26. Name of the lockdown introduced by PM Modi on 22 March 2020?
A) Janata Curfew
B) Emergency Curfew
27. How long was ‘JANATA CURFEW’ Time?
A) 5 AM to 5 PM
B) 7 AM to 9 PM
C) 7 AM to 7 PM
D) 6 AM to 9 PM
28. What is an EPIDEMIC?
A) is a disease that affects a large number of people within a community, population, or region.
B) is a disease that affects a large number of people within a country.
C) is a disease that affects a large number of people within a continent.
D) is a disease that belongs to a particular people or country.
29. What is PANDEMIC?
A) is something that belongs to a particular people or country.
B) is an epidemic that spread over multiple countries or continents.
C) is a disease that affects a large number of people within a community, population, or region.
D) is an epidemic that’s spread over a state
30. When was ‘JANATA CURFEW’ imposed by PM Modi due to COVID-19?
A) Wednesday, 22 January 2020
B) Sunday, 22 March 2020
C) Sunday, 22 December 2019
D) Saturday, 22 February 2020
31. For how many days was the FIRST LOCKDOWN introduced by the Government of India under Prime Minister Narendra Modi to tackle Coronavirus?
A) 10 Days
B) 24 Days
C) 20 Days
D) 21 Days
32. Under which Act Lockdown across various cities in India has been imposed?
A) Epidemic Diseases Act, 1887
B) Epidemic Diseases Act, 1997
C) Prevention Of Infectious And Contagious Diseases Act, 2009
D) Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897
33. When was the FIRST LOCKDOWN introduced by the Government of India under Prime Minister Narendra Modi to battle against Coronavirus?
A) 24 March 2020
B) 22 March 2020
C) 19 March 2020
D) 22 April 2020
34. The first state in India to lockdown due to COVID-19?
35. Which part of the human body is affected by Coronavirus?
36. In which province of Wuhan, China COVID-19 started?
37. Name of the website launched by GOOGLE for COVID-19 information, statics, and resources?
38. The scientific name of Coronavirus?
39. The second state in India to become a Coronavirus-free state?
40. Biggest fall in the Indian stock market for Coronavirus on 23 March 2020?
A) SENSEX 3.15%, NIFTY 2.98%
B) SENSEX 13.15%, NIFTY 12.98%
C) NIFTY 11%, SENSEX 12%,
D) SENSEX 10%, NIFTY 9.5%