Last Updated: 5 January 2023
Before we get into Haryana GK Questions And Answers, Do You Know Haryana is a Landlocked State?
Yes, You heard it right!
The interesting thing is that Haryana surrounds Delhi on all three sides i.e. North, South, and west. If You wish to visit Rajasthan, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttarakhand, You have to go through Haryana.
Haryana and Punjab are the only State in India that share their Capital. Yes, Chandigarh is the capital of both Haryana and Punjab. The Interesting part is that Chandigarh is a Union Territory.
All being said, there are many facts and figures to learn about this Beautiful Rice Producing State. These General Knowledge Questions and Answers on Haryana can be helpful for HSSC and various other competitive exams of State and National Competitive Exams.
- Politics & Administration
- Demographics & Culture
- Government & Ministers
- District & Divisions
- Geography & Economics
- MLAs & Legislature
- Important Peoples of Haryana, etc
Haryana GK Questions And Answers
Answer: 1 November 1966
Answer: 44,212 km2
Answer: Denmark (42,933 km2)
Answer: 1.34 %
Answer: 20 (Twenty)
Answer: Punjab (50,362 km2)
Answer: Kerala (38,863 km2)
Answer: Jammu and Kashmir (42,241 km2)
Answer: Twenty Two (22)
Answer: Three Sides (North, West, South)
Answer: Bhagwat Dayal Sharma
Answer: Indian National Congress
Answer: Ten People
Answer: Bhajan Lal Bishnoi (11 Years 10 Months) [4317 Days]
Answer: Three Times
Answer: 2 November 1967 – 22 May 1968
Answer: Three Times
Answer: Om Prakash Chautala (6 Days)
Explanation: Om Prakash Chautala served as the Chief Minister of Haryana for his Second time between 12 July 1990 – 17 July 1990. It was a total of only 6 days and he belonged to Janata Dal Party during that period.
Answer: 2245 days (6 Years 55 Days)
Answer: Devi Lal
Read: GK Questions And Answers On Indian Newspapers
Answer: 22 (Twenty-Two)
Answer: Haryanvi (also language)
1) Bird: Black Francolin
2) Flower: Lotus
3) Mammal: Black Buck
4) Tree: Peepal
Answer: Rasa Lila and Saang
Answer: Classical Folk Music and Desi Folk Music
Answer: 69.25% (2018)
Read the list here.
Answer: 36 (Thirty-Six)
Explanation: Some of them are Ahir, Gujjar, Harijan, Jat, Mev, Pasi, Rajpoot, Ror, Saini, Vishnoi
Answer: Karoh Peak (1,467 m)
Answer: Yamuna Nagar District
Answer: Faridabad District
Answer: May and June
Answer: December and January
1) Sultanpur National Park
2) Kalesar National Park
List Of Chief Ministers Of Haryana
|No.||Chief Minister||Term In||Term Out||Party|
|1||Bhagwat Dayal Sharma|
|01 Nov 1966||23 Mar 1967||INC|
|2||Rao Birender Singh|
|24 Mar 1967||20 Nov 1967||VHP|
|~||President’s Rule||20 Nov 1967||21 May 1968|
|21 May 1968||30 Nov 1975||INC|
|4||Banarsi Das Gupta|
|01 Dec 1975||30 Apr 1977||INC|
|~||President’s Rule||30 April 1977||21 June 1977|
|5||Chaudhary Devi Lal|
|21 June 1977||28 June 1979||JP|
|28 Jun 1979||04 Jun 1986||JP|
|05 Jun 1986||20 Jun 1987||INC|
|Chaudhary Devi Lal|
|20 Jun 1987||02 Dec 1989||JD|
|7||Om Prakash Chautala|
|02 Dec 1989||22 May 1990||JD|
|Banarsi Das Gupta|
|22 May 1990||12 Jul 1990||JD|
|Om Prakash Chautala|
|12 Jul 1990||17 Jul 1990||JD|
|17 Jul 1990||22 Mar 1991||JD|
|Om Prakash Chautala|
|22 Mar 1991||5 Apr 1991||SJP|
|~||President’s Rule||06 Apr 1991||23 Jul 1991|
|23 Jun 1991||10 May 1996||INC|
|11 May 1996||24 Jul 1999||HVP|
|Om Prakash Chautala|
|24 Jul 1999||05 Mar 2005||INLD|
|9||Bhupinder Singh Hooda|
(Garhi Sampla Kiloi)
|05 Mar 2005||26 Oct 2014||INC|
|10||Manohar Lal Khattar|
|26 Oct 2014||Incumbent||BJP|
1) INC: Indian National Congress
2) VHP: Vishal Haryana Party
3) JP: Janata Party
4) SJP: Samajwadi Janta Party (Rashtriya)
5) HVP: Haryana Vikas Party
6) INLD: Indian National Lok Dal
7) BJP: Bharatiya Janata Party
51. What is the Name of Deer Park in Haryana?
Answer: Deer Park, Hisar
52. Where do the Wildlife and Forest areas of Haryana lie?
Answer: Shivalik Hills Range in the North and Aravalli Hill Range in the South
53. Which are the Six Revenue Divisions of Haryana?
54. How many Municipal Corporations are in Haryana?
55. Which are the 10 Municipal Corporations of Haryana?
56. How many Municipal Councils are in Haryana?
Answer: Eighteen (18)
57. Yamuna Nagar District falls under which Division?
58. How many Cities are in Haryana?
59. Fatehabad falls under which Division?
60. Which Force is the Law Enforcement Agency of Haryana?
Answer: Haryana Police
61. What are the Five Police Ranges of Haryana?
62. Which are the Three Police Commissionerates of Haryana?
63. When was the Green Revolution started in Haryana?
64. Where is Shivalik Hills Range?
Answer: North Haryana
65. Where is Aravalli Hill Range?
Answer: South Haryana
Portfolio Of Cabinet Ministers Of Haryana
|1||Manohar Lal Khattar|
2) Town, Country Planning & Urban Estates
3) Public Health Engineering
4) Irrigation& Water Resources
5) Information Technology
6) Electronics & Communication
8) Public Relations & Languages
10) Administration of Justice
11) Environment & Climate Change
13) General Administration
14) Criminal Investigation (CID)
15) Personnel & Training
16) Raj Bhawan Affairs
17) Other Departments not Allocated to any Minister
Deputy Chief Minister
|1) Revenue & Disaster Management|
2) Excise & Taxation
3) Industries & Commerce
4) Public Works (B&R)
5) Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs
6) Labour & Employment
7) Civil Aviation
|3||Anil Vij||1) Home|
2) Urban Local Bodies
4) Medical Education & Research
6) Technical Education
7) Science & Technology
|4||Kanwar Pal Gujjar||1) Education|
4) Parliamentary Affairs
6) Art & Cultural Affairs
|5||Mool Chand Sharma||1) Transport|
2) Mines and Geology
3) Skill Development & Industrial Training
|6||Ranjit Singh Chautala||1) Power|
2) New & Renewable Energy
|7||Jai Parkash Dalal||1) Agriculture & Farmer Welfare|
2) Animal Husbandry & Dairying
4) Law & Legislative
|8||Banwari Lal||1) Co-operation|
2) Welfare of SCs & BCs
|9||Kamal Gupta||1) Urban Local Bodies|
|10||Devender Singh Babli||1) Development & Panchayats|
1) BJP: Bharatiya Janata Party
2) JJP: Jannayak Janta Party
3) IND: Independent
Minister Of State
|1||Om Prakash Yadav||1) Social Justice and Empowerment|
2) Sainik and Ardh Sainik Welfare
|2||Kamlesh Dhanda||1) Women & Child Development|
2) Archives (IC)
|3||Anoop Dhanak||1) Archaeology & Museums (IC)|
2) Labour & Employment
|4||Sandeep Singh||1) Sports & Youth Affairs|
2) Printing & Stationery (IC)
|IC: Independent Charge|
66. Which River is the Kaushalya Dam located in Haryana?
Answer: Kaushalya River
67. Which District is Anangpur Dam Located in?
Answer: Faridabad District
68. What is the Total Road length of Haryana?
Answer: 26,062 Km
69. What is the name of the Metro of Haryana?
Answer: Gurugram Rapid Metro
70. What is the state flower of Haryana?
71. Which is the largest district of Haryana?
Answer: Sirsa (4,277 km2)
72. Which is the smallest district of Haryana?
Answer: Faridabad (792 km2)
73. Faridabad is located in which direction of the state capital Chandigarh?
74. How many Districts were there when Haryana got its Statehood?
75. Which is the Largest city in Haryana?
76. Which District of Haryana is known as Sripad Janapad?
77. Who is the Second Chief Minister of Haryana?
Answer: Rao Birender Singh
78. Who is the Third Chief Minister of Haryana?
Answer: Bansi Lal
79. Which Chief Minister of Haryana is known as the Architect of modern Haryana?
Answer: Bansi Lal Legha (26 August 1927 – 28 March 2006)
80. What is the State Tree of Haryana?
81. Which District of Haryana is also known as Srikantha?
82. Who is known as Haryana’s Iron man?
Answer: Bansi Lal Legha
83. Where is the Tomb of Chalis Hafiz located?
84. When were all the Villages of Haryana Electrified?
Answer: 29 November 1970
85. Where is the Atlas Industry in Haryana located?
86. Where is Rajdoot Motor Cycle manufactured in Haryana?
87. Which Region is named after King Kuru?
88. Where was the Famous Battle of Panipat fought?
89. When was the Famous Battle of Panipat fought?
90. Which States share their border with Haryana?
1) Himachal Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
List Of Districts Of Haryana
|1||Ambala||1,574||01 Nov 1966||Ambala|
|2||Kurukshetra||1,530||23 Jan 1973||Ambala|
|3||Panchkula||898||15 Aug 1995||Ambala|
|4||Yamuna Nagar||1,768||01 Nov 1989||Ambala|
|5||Faridabad||792||15 Aug 1979||Faridabad|
|6||Nuh||1,874||04 Apr 2005||Faridabad|
|7||Palwal||1,359||15 Aug 2008||Faridabad|
|8||Gurugram||1,253||01 Nov 1966||Gurugram|
|9||Mahendragarh||1,859||01 Nov 1966||Gurugram|
|10||Rewari||1,582||01 Nov 1989||Gurugram|
|11||Fatehabad||2,538||15 July 1997||Hisar|
|12||Hisar||3,983||01 Nov 1966||Hisar|
|13||Jind||2,702||01 Nov 1966||Hisar|
|14||Sirsa||4,277||26 Aug 1975||Hisar|
|15||Kaithal||2,317||01 Nov 1989||Karnal|
|16||Karnal||2,520||01 No 1966||Karnal|
|17||Panipat||1,268||01 Nov 1989||Karnal|
|18||Bhiwani||3,432||22 Dec 1972||Rohtak|
|19||Charkhi Dadri||1,370||01 Dec 2016||Rohtak|
|20||Jhajjar||1,834||15 July 1997||Rohtak|
|21||Rohtak||1,745||01 Nov 1966||Rohtak|
|22||Sonipat||2,122||22 Dec 1972||Rohtak|
91. What is the State Bird of Haryana?
Answer: Black Francolin
92. From which District of Haryana was Gandhi Arrested on 30th July 1919?
93. Which Union Territories touch the Boundary of Haryana?
94. Where is the National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI) located in Haryana?
95. Where was Kapil Dev born?
96. In which District of Haryana is Badkhal Lake Located?
97. Which Field is Pandit Jasraj famous for?
Answer: Indian Classical Music
98. Which District of Haryana is also known as the Bowl of Rice?
99. Which town in Haryana does not have a Railway Station?
100. Where is the Headquarters of Mahendragarh District?
Answer: Narnaul City
101. Which District of Haryana has the lowest Population Growth Rate?
102. Which Districts of Haryana are Abundant in Mineral Resources?
Answer: Faridabad, Gurgaon, Rewari, Ambala, etc
103. In which District of Haryana was Ashoka’s Topra Stambha founded?
104. Which District of Haryana is abundant in China Clay?
Answer: Faridabad, Gurgaon, and Rewari
105. Which mineral is Largely found in Ambala, Bhiwani, Mahendragarh, and Panchkula Districts?
106. Where are Quartz and Silica Sand found in Haryana?
Answer: Bhiwani, Faridabad, Gurgaon, and Mahendragarh Districts
107. Which District of Haryana is abundant in Quartzite?
Answer: Faridabad District and Gurgaon District
108. How much Area will be covered under the New Industrial Township at Gurgaon?
Answer: 1,500 Acres
109. Which Riverbank is the Narkatari Pilgrimage mentioned in Mahabharata located?
110. How many percent of the total Tin in India is found in Haryana?
111. Name the First Novel that was written in Haryanvi?
112. Which Barrage was completed in 1999 to replace the aged Tajewala Barrage?
Answer: Hathnikund Barrage
113. Which District was carved out from the former Karnal District on 1st November 1989?
Answer: Panipat District
114. Which city of Haryana was discussed in the book written by Chinese Traveler Hiuen-Tsang?
115. Where is Asia’s largest livestock breeding located?
116. Which city of Haryana is also known as the City of Weavers?
117. Who is the founder of the Haryana Vikas Party?
Answer: Bansi Lal
118. Which Chief Minister of Haryana launched a scheme for Girl Child “Aapki Beti Humari Beti”?
Answer: Manohar Lal Khattar
119. Anil Vij belongs to which Constituency?
Answer: Ambala Cantonment
120. When was Gurgaon Officially renamed as Gurugram?
Answer: 27 September 2016
121. Who is the Planning Agency of Gurugram?
Answer: Gurugram Metropolitan Development Authority
122. What is the Nickname of Panipat?
Answer: City of Weavers
123. Which district of Haryana is mainly irrigated by Jui Canal?
124. Which River is the Lakhwar-Vyasi Dam constructed?
Answer: Yamuna River
125. Which is the Smallest District of Haryana by Area?
Answer: Faridabad (792 km2)
126. Which Districts of Haryana surround Delhi?
Answer: Fatehabad, Gurugram, Jhajjar, and Sonipat
127. How many Districts are in Ambala Division?
128. Who is the Founder of Hisar District?
Answer: Firozshah Tughlaq
129. Where is the Haryana High Court?
130. Where is the Motilal Nehru School of Sports?
131. Who is the First Woman in the world to climb Mount Everest twice?
Answer: Santosh Yadav (From Haryana)
132. Tehsils namely Jagadhri, Radaur, Bilaspur, and Chhachhrauli fall under which District?
Answer: Yamuna Nagar
133. How many Tehsils was Jind Tehsil bifurcated in 1967?
Answer: Two Tehsils (Jind and Safidon)
134. Which District of Haryana is a Major Hub for Information Technology?
Answer: Gurgaon District
135. What name was Haryana known as during the Mahabharata age?
136. Where is Rajiv Gandhi’s Thermal Power Station?
137. Which District is Meham Fort Located in?
Answer: Rohtak District
138. What was the first work started by Swami Dayanand Saraswati when he reached Haryana?
139. Which city is also known as the City of Mahabharata?
140. What is the Nickname of Gurugram?
Answer: Millennium City of India
List of Minerals Found in Haryana
|3||Faridabad||1) China Clay|
|4||Gurgaon||1) China Clay|
141. Where is Central Institute for Research on Buffaloes?
142. Which is the 22nd District of Haryana?
Answer: Charkhi Dadri
143. Where is the National Dairy Research Institute located?
144. When did Haryana State Labour Policy come into existence?
145. When was Ambala Cantonment established?
146. Who was the first Governor of Haryana?
Answer: Dharma Vira
147. Which Nuclear Power Station is in Haryana?
Answer: Gorakhpur Nuclear Power Plant
148. What is the name of the Expressway between Delhi and Gurugram?
Answer: Delhi Gurgaon Expressway
149. From which District does the Ghaggar River enter Haryana?
Answer: Panchkula District
150. Who is known as Haryana Kesari?
Answer: Nekiram Sharma
List Of Governors Of Haryana
|No.||Governor||Term In||Term Out|
|1||Dharma Vira||01 Nov 1966||14 Sep 1967|
|2||Birendra Narayan Chakraborty||15 Sep 1967||26 Mar 1976|
|3||Ranjit Singh Narula||27 Mar 1976||13 Aug 1976|
|4||Jaisukh Lal Hathi||14 Aug 1976||23 Sep 1977|
|5||Sardar Harcharan Singh Brar||24 Sep 1977||09 Dec 1979|
|6||Surjit Singh Sandhawalia||10 Dec 1979||27 Feb 1980|
|7||Ganpatrao Devji Tapase||28 Feb 1980||13 Jun 1984|
|8||Saiyid Muzaffar Husain Burney||14 Jun 1984||21 Feb 1988|
|9||Hari Anand Barari||22 Feb 1988||06 Feb 1990|
|10||Dhanik Lal Mandal||07 Feb 1990||13 Jun 1995|
|11||Mahabir Prasad||14 Jun 1995||18 Jun 2000|
|12||Babu Parmanand||19 Jun 2000||01 Jul 2004|
|13||Om Prakash Verma||02 Jul 2004||07 Jul 2004|
|14||Akhlaqur Rahman Kidwai||07 Jul 2004||27 Jul 2009|
|15||Jagannath Prasad||27 Jul 2009||26 Jul 2014|
|16||Kaptan Singh Solanki||27 Jul 2014||25 Aug 2018|
|17||Satyadev Narayan Arya||25 Aug 2018||06 Jul 2021|
|18||Bandaru Dattatreya||07 Jul 2021||Incumbent|
151. Which breed of Buffaloes are famous in Haryana?
Answer: Murrah Buffalo
152. How many seats does the Haryana Legislative Assembly have?
Answer: 90 seats
153. Who has served the most number of discontinuous stints as Chief Minister being a member of three different parties?
Answer: Om Prakash Chautala
Parties: Janata Dal, Samajwadi Janata Party, and Indian National Lok Dal
154. Which Chief Minister has served the longest continuous term from 2005 to 2014?
Answer: Bhupinder Singh Hooda
155. Which Rice is largely Exported by Haryana?
Answer: Basmati Rice
156. Who is the present Governor of Haryana (2023)?
Answer: Bandaru Dattatreya ( Since 7 July 2021)
157. Who is the present Lokayukta of Haryana?
Answer: Justice Hari Pal Verma
List Of Lokayukta Of Haryana
|No.||Lokayukta||Term In||Term Out|
|1||Pritam Pal||18 Jan 2011||18 Jan 2016|
|2||Justice Nawal Kishore Agarwal||19 July 2016||18 July 2021|
|3||Justice Hari Pal Verma||11 Sep 2021||Incumbent|
158. How many recipients from Haryana received the Padma Shri Award 2022?
Answer: 5 (Five)
159. Who are the 5 recipients from Haryana who received the Padma Shri Award 2022?
1) Sumit Antil (Sports)
2) Neeraj Chopra (Sports)
3) Om Prakash Gandhi (Social Work)
4) Moti Lal Madan (Science and Engineering)
5) Raghuvendra Tanwar (Literature and Education)
160. Who is the first recipient of the Padma Vibhushan Award from Haryana?
Answer: Narinder Nath Vohra (Civil Service) in 2007
161. Who is the first recipient of the Padma Bhushan Award from Haryana?
Answer: Lala Hansraj Gupta (Public Affairs) in 1970
162. Who is the first recipient of the Padma Shri Award from Haryana?
Answer: K. C. Johorey (Civil Service) in 1963
163. How many women received National Florence Nightingale Award 2020 from Haryana?
Answer: One Woman
164. Who received the National Florence Nightingale Award 2020 from Haryana?
Answer: Savita Rani (Nurse)
165. How many women received National Florence Nightingale Award 2021 from Haryana?
Answer: One Woman
166. Who received the National Florence Nightingale Award 2021 from Haryana?
Answer: Indira Jadhav Daniel (Nurse Educator/Researcher)