Last Updated: 6 October 2021
Do You Know Haryana is a Landlocked State?
Yes, You heard it right!
The interesting thing is that Haryana surrounds Delhi on all three sides i.e. North, South, and west.
If You wish to visit Rajasthan, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttarakhand, You have to go through Haryana.
Haryana and Punjab are the only State in India that share their Capital. Yes, Chandigarh is the capital for both Haryana and Punjab. The Interesting part is that Chandigarh is a Union Territory.
All being said, there are many facts and figures to learn about this Beautiful Rice Producing State.
These General Knowledge Questions and Answers on Haryana can be helpful for HSSC and various other competitive exams of the State and National Competitive Exams.
This article includes:
- Politics and Administration
- Demographics and Culture
- Geography and Economics
- Haryana GK in English
- GK About Haryana
- Current Affair of Haryana
Haryana GK Questions And Answers
Answer: 1 November 1966
Answer: 44,212 km2
Answer: Denmark (42,933 km2)
Answer: 1.34 %
Answer: 20 (Twenty)
Answer: Punjab (50,362 km2)
Answer: Kerala (38,863 km2)
Answer: Jammu and Kashmir (42,241 km2)
Answer: Twenty Two (22)
Answer: Three Sides (North, West, South)
Answer: Bhagwat Dayal Sharma
Answer: Indian National Congress
Answer: Ten People
Answer: Bansi Lal (12 Years 253 Days)
Answer: Three Times
Answer: 2 November 1967 – 22 May 1968
Answer: Three Times
Answer: Om Prakash Chautala (6 Days)
Explanation: Om Prakash Chautala served as the Chief Minister of Haryana for his Second time between 12 July 1990 – 17 July 1990. It was a total of only 6 days and he belonged to Janata Dal Party during that period.
Answer: 2245 days (6 Years 55 Days)
Answer: Devi Lal
Read: GK Questions And Answers On Indian Newspapers
Answer: 22 (Twenty Two)
Answer: Haryanvi (also language)
1) Bird: Black Francolin
2) Flower: Lotus
3) Mammal: Black Buck
4) Tree: Peepal
Answer: Rasa Lila and Saang
Answer: Classical Folk Music and Desi Folk Music
Answer: 69.25% (2018)
Read the list here.
Answer: 36 (Thirty-Six)
Explanation: Some of them are Ahir, Gujjar, Harijan, Jat, Mev, Pasi, Rajpoot, Ror, Saini, Vishnoi
Answer: Karoh Peak (1,467 m)
Answer: Yamuna Nagar District
Answer: Faridabad District
Answer: May and June
Answer: December and January
1) Sultanpur National Park
2) Kalesar National Park
51. What is the Name of the Deer Park in Haryana?
Answer: Deer Park, Hisar
52. Where do the Wildlife and Forest areas of Haryana lie?
Answer: Shivalik Hills Range in the North and Aravalli Hill Range in the South
53. Which are the Six Revenue Divisions of Haryana?
54. How many Municipal Corporations are in Haryana?
55. Which are the 10 Municipal Corporations of Haryana?
56. How many Municipal Councils are in Haryana?
Answer: Eighteen (18)
57. Yamuna Nagar District falls under which Division?
58. How many Cities are in Haryana?
59. Fatehabad falls under which Division?
60. Which Force is the law Enforcement Agency of Haryana?
Answer: Haryana Police
61. What are the Five Police Ranges of Haryana?
62. Which are the Three Police Commissionerates of Haryana?
63. When was the Green Revolution started in Haryana?
64. Where is Shivalik Hills Range?
Answer: North Haryana
65. Where is Aravalli Hill Range?
Answer: South Haryana
66. Which River is the Kaushalya Dam located in Haryana?
Answer: Kaushalya River
67. Which District is Anangpur Dam Located?
Answer: Faridabad District
68. What is the Total Road length of Haryana?
Answer: 26,062 Km
69. What is the name of the Metro of Haryana?
Answer: Gurugram Rapid Metro
70. What is the State Flower of Haryana?
71. Which is the Largest District of Haryana?
Answer: Sirsa (4,277 km2)
72. Which is the Smallest District of Haryana?
Answer: Faridabad (792 km2)
73. Faridabad is located in which direction of the state capital Chandigarh?
74. How many Districts were there when Haryana got its Statehood?
75. Which is the Largest city in Haryana?
76. Which District of Haryana is known as Sripad Janapad?
77. Who is the Second Chief Minister of Haryana?
Answer: Rao Birender Singh
78. Who is the Third Chief Minister of Haryana?
Answer: Bansi Lal
79. Which Chief Minister of Haryana is known as the Architect of modern Haryana?
Answer: Bansi Lal Legha (26 August 1927 – 28 March 2006)
80. What is the State Tree of Haryana?
81. Which District of Haryana is also known as Srikantha?
82. Who is known as Haryana’s Iron man?
Answer: Bansi Lal Legha
83. Where is the Tomb of Chalis Hafiz located?
84. When were all the Villages of Haryana Electrified?
Answer: 29 November 1970
85. Where is the Atlas Industry in Haryana located?
86. Where is Rajdoot Motor Cycle manufactured in Haryana?
87. Which Region is named after King Kuru?
88. Where was the Famous Battle of Panipat fought?
89. When was the Famous Battle of Panipat fought?
90. Which States share their border with Haryana?
1) Himachal Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
91. What is the State Bird of Haryana?
Answer: Black Francolin
92. From which District of Haryana was Gandhi Arrested on 30th July 1919?
93. Which Union Territories touches the Boundary of Haryana?
94. Where is the National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI) located in Haryana?
95. Where was Kapil Dev born?
96. In which District of Haryana is Badkhal Lake Located?
97. Which Field is Pandit Jasraj famous for?
Answer: Indian Classical Music
98. Which District of Haryana is also known as the Bowl of Rice?
99. Which town in Haryana does not have a Railway Station?
100. Where is the Headquarters of Mahendragarh District?
Answer: Narnaul City
101. Which District of Haryana has the lowest Population Growth Rate?
102. Which Districts of Haryana are Abundant in Mineral Resources?
Answer: Faridabad, Gurgaon, Rewari, Ambala, etc
103. In which District of Haryana was the Ashoka’s Topra Stambha founded?
104. Which District of Haryana is abundant in China Clay?
Answer: Faridabad, Gurgaon, and Rewari
105. Which mineral is Largely found in Ambala, Bhiwani, Mahendragarh, and Panchkula Districts?
106. Where is Quartz and Silica Sand found in Haryana?
Answer: Bhiwani, Faridabad, Gurgaon, and Mahendragarh Districts
107. Which District of Haryana is abundant in Quartzite?
Answer: Faridabad District and Gurgaon District
108. How much Area will be covered under the New Industrial Township at Gurgaon?
Answer: 1,500 Acres
109. Which Riverbank is the Narkatari Pilgrimage mentioned in Mahabharata located?
110. How many percent of the total Tin in India is found in Haryana?
111. Name the First Novel that was written in Haryanvi?
112. Which Barrage was completed in 1999 to replace the aged Tajewala Barrage?
Answer: Hathnikund Barrage
113. Which District was carved out from the former Karnal District on 1st November 1989?
Answer: Panipat District
114. Which city of Haryana was discussed in the book written by Chinese Traveler Hiuen-Tsang?
115. Where is Asia’s largest livestock breeding located?
116. Which city of Haryana is also known as the City of Weavers?
117. Who is the founder of the Haryana Vikas Party?
Answer: Bansi Lal
118. Which Chief Minister of Haryana launched a scheme for Girl Child “Aapki Beti Humari Beti”?
Answer: Manohar Lal Khattar
119. Anil Vij belongs to which Constituency?
Answer: Ambala Cantonment
120. When was Gurgaon Officially renamed as Gurugram?
Answer: 27 September 2016
121. Who is the Planning Agency of Gurugram?
Answer: Gurugram Metropolitan Development Authority
122. What is the Nickname of Panipat?
Answer: City of Weavers
123. Which district of Haryana is mainly irrigated by Jui Canal?
124. Which River is the Lakhwar-Vyasi Dam constructed?
Answer: Yamuna River
125. Which is the Smallest District of Haryana by Area?
Answer: Faridabad (792 km2)
126. Which Districts of Haryana surround Delhi?
Answer: Fatehabad, Gurugram, Jhajjar, and Sonipat
127. How many Districts are in Ambala Division?
128. Who is the Founder of Hisar District?
Answer: Firozshah Tughlaq
129. Where is the Haryana High Court?
130. Where is the Motilal Nehru School of Sports?
131. Who is the First Woman in the world to climb Mount Everest twice?
Answer: Santosh Yadav (From Haryana)
132. Tehsils namely Jagadhri, Radaur, Bilaspur, and Chhachhrauli fall under which District?
Answer: Yamuna Nagar
133. How many Tehsils was Jind Tehsil bifurcated in 1967?
Answer: Two Tehsils (Jind and Safidon)
134. Which District of Haryana is a Major Hub for Information Technology?
Answer: Gurgaon District
135. What name was Haryana known as during the Mahabharata age?
136. Where is Rajiv Gandhi Thermal Power Station?
137. Which District is Meham Fort Located?
Answer: Rohtak District
138. What was the first work started by Swami Dayanand Saraswati when he reached Haryana?
139. Which city is also known as the City of Mahabharata?
140. What is the Nickname of Gurugram?
Answer: Millennium City of India
141. Where is Central Institute for Research on Buffaloes?
142. Which is the 22nd District of Haryana?
Answer: Charkhi Dadri
143. Where is the National Dairy Research Institute located?
144. When did Haryana State Labour Policy come into existence?
145. When was Ambala Cantonment established?
146. Who was the first Governor of Haryana?
Answer: Dharma Vira
147. Which Nuclear Power Station is in Haryana?
Answer: Gorakhpur Nuclear Power Plant
148. What is the name of the Expressway between Delhi and Gurugram?
Answer: Delhi Gurgaon Expressway
149. From which District does Ghaggar River enter Haryana?
Answer: Panchkula District
150. Who is known as Haryana Kesari?
Answer: Nekiram Sharma
151. Which breed of Buffaloes are famous in Haryana?
Answer: Murrah Buffalo
152. How many seats does the Haryana Legislative Assembly have?
Answer: 90 seats
153. Who has served the most number of discontinuous stints as Chief Minister being a member of three different parties?
Answer: Om Prakash Chautala
Parties: Janata Dal, Samajwadi Janata Party, and Indian National Lok Dal
154. Which Chief Minister has served the longest continuous term from 2005 to 2014?
Answer: Bhupinder Singh Hooda
155. Which Rice is largely Exported by Haryana?
Answer: Basmati Rice
156. Who is the present Governor of Haryana (2021)?
Answer: Bandaru Dattatreya (7 July 2021)
List of Minerals Found in Haryana
|3||Faridabad||1) China Clay|
|4||Gurgaon||1) China Clay|