Last Updated: 15 January 2021
There are many Indian Brands And Companies That Sound Foreign which you might have thought were International.
We all like brands more for their names than their products. Well, we can’t blame you! but these companies made fancy brand names to always grab your attention.
In this article, You’ll find fascinating facts about top Brands in India with Foreign Names that you might be buying without knowing.
Check out all the list of Top 100 Brands and Companies and see how many you thought those brands were from foreign countries.
Indian Brands And Companies That Sound Foreign
- Aban Offshore was established by the late Mr. M. A. Abraham in 1965.
- It was formerly known as Aban Loyd Chiles Offshore Ltd.
- Aban Offshore Ltd. was incorporated in 1986.
- Its headquarters is located in Chennai.
- Aban Offshore is the largest offshore drilling services provider in India mainly for ONGC.
- Air Costa was an Indian Regional Airline, headquartered in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
- It commenced its operations on 15th October 2013 and Ceased its Operation on 28th February 2017.
- It was owned by the Indian business company LEPL Group.
- The company commenced its operation using two Embraer E-170 Aircraft.
- Air Costa operated 32 daily flights to 9 destinations from its focus cities Chennai and Vijayawada as of 2015.
- Allen Solly was established in 1744 by William Hollin and Co Ltd.
- The brand was bought in the ’90s by an Indian Company called Madura Garments.
- Aditya Birla Group acquired Allen Solly in 2001.
- Allen Solly became the first Indian brand to introduce work fashion for women in 2002.
- Solly Jeans Company was launched in 2014 & Solly Sport was introduced as a tennis-inspired lifestyle sports brand.
- Amartex is a Manufacturing, Dyeing, and Retail Outlet Company in northern India.
- It was founded in 1988 by the Grover Family.
- The company also manufactures Textiles.
- The company has 24 Retail Outlets under the brand name “Groviano Italy” that sells ready-made garments.
- Sanjay Rajpal & Ashok Rajpal founded Ambrane in 2012.
- Ambrane manufactures and sells Audio Products & Mobile Accessories across India and also to Dubai and Sweden.
- Ambrane is most popularly known for making Power Banks.
- They were the first company to manufacture power banks in India.
- The company has over 400+ service centers across India.
- The American Swan Lifestyle Company is the owner of American Swan.
- It was established in January 2013.
- Its headquarter is located in Gurgaon, Haryana.
- Bollywood Actors and Actress Sidharth Malhotra and Kriti Sanon endorsed the brand, American Swan.
- Sanjiv Gupta, Puneet Johar, and Anurag Rajpal are the founders of American Swan.
7AND Design CO
- The company makes Interior design and Architecture works.
- AND actively seeks collaborations with some of the brightest minds and iconic craftsmen from around the world.
- Rupesh Baid & Archana Baid are the founders of AND Designs.
- The company covers a diverse range including everything from Residential to Commercial.
- AND Design’s successful projects and collaborations pan across India and spread over to Europe, the Middle East, and the US.
- Antiquity is a brand of Indian Whisky.
- It was launched in 1992.
- It is available in two variants: Antiquity Blue and Antiquity Rare.
- Antiquity has 42.8% Alcohol Content.
- It is manufactured by United Spirits Limited.
- The company is headquartered in Gurugram, Haryana.
- It was founded in 1972.
- Apollo Tyres has four Manufacturing Units in India, one in the Netherlands, and one in Hungary.
- Apollo Tyres has a network of 5,000+ Dealerships in India.
- The company generates most of its revenues from India & Europe and the least percentage from other countries.
- Archies is an Indian Greetings and Gifts company based in New Delhi.
- It was started in 1979.
- The founder of the company is Anil Moolchandani.
- Greeting Cards were the main product of Archies introduced in 1980.
- Archies is listed both in NSE & BSE.
- Asian Paints was founded in 1942.
- It has its headquarter in Mumbai.
- The company is engaged in the business of manufacturing, selling, & distributing paints and other related services.
- Asian Paints is India’s largest and Asia’s third-largest paints corporation.
- They have the largest market share in the Indian Paint Industry.
- Bagpiper is a brand of Indian Whisky.
- It was launched in October 1976.
- Bagpiper is sold in a square bottle with a Black and Gold packaging design.
- It has 42.8% alcohol by volume.
- It is manufactured by United Spirits Limited.
- Bajaj Auto Ltd. is an Indian Two-Wheeler & Three-Wheeler manufacturing company.
- It was founded in 1945.
- The name of the founder is Jamnalal Bajaj.
- Bajaj Auto is the world’s Third-Largest manufacturer of Motorcycles and the Second-Largest in India.
- It is the world’s largest three-wheeler manufacturer.
- Berger Paints India Ltd.’s headquarter is located in Kolkata.
- It was founded in 1923 by Lewis Berger.
- It has 14 manufacturing units in India, 2 in Nepal, 1 each in Poland & Russia.
- The company has a presence in 5 countries – India, Russia, Poland, Nepal, and Bangladesh.
- They have an employee strength of over 3,500.
- Biocon is an Indian Biopharmaceutical Company.
- It was founded in 1978 by Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw.
- They manufacture generic active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and sell them in 120+ countries.
- The headquarter of the company is located in Bangalore.
- Biocon has over 9200 employees.
- Biotique is a manufacturer of Ayurvedic Products.
- Its headquarter is located in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- It was founded by Vinita Jain in 1992.
- The company has its manufacturing location in Uttar Pradesh & New Delhi.
- Biotique is popularly known for its Skincare, Healthcare, & Body Care Products.
- Boltt is a Global Wearable Technology Company.
- Its headquarter is located in Noida.
- The company was founded in 2015 by Aayushi Kishore & Arnav Kishore.
- Boltt is known for its advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) Ecosystem.
- The Boltt sensor is powered by Garmin’s patented SDM Technology.
- The company is an Indian Multinational Pharmaceutical company headquartered in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- It is popularly known as Zydus Cadila.
- It was founded by Ramanbhai Patel in 1952.
- Cadila is primarily engaged in the manufacture of Generic Drugs.
- The company also manufactures a large range of Pharmaceuticals as well as Diagnostics, Herbal Products, Skin Care products, and other OTC products.
19Café Coffee Day
- Café Coffee Day is an Indian Café Chain popularly known as CCD.
- It was founded in 1993 by V. G. Siddhartha.
- It is a subsidiary of Coffee Day Enterprises Limited.
- CCD serves 1.6 billion cups of coffee annually in 6 countries.
- Other than India, CCDs are present in Austria, Czech Republic, Egypt, Malaysia, & Nepal.
- CaratLane is an Indian Jewelry Retailer.
- Caratlane was launched in 2008 by Mithun Sacheti & Srinivasa Gopalan.
- The company has its headquarter in Chennai.
- The company is a subsidiary of Titan Jewellery.
- CaratLane is marketed as a partnership with Tanishq.
- The retailer has 92 stores across 36 cities in India.
- CEAT is an Indian tyre manufacturing company owned by the RPG Group.
- It was actually founded by Virginio Bruni Tedeschi in Italy.
- It was founded in the year 1924.
- The headquarter of the company is located in Mumbai.
- CEAT is one of India’s leading tyre manufacturers & has a presence in global markets.
- Cipla Limited is an Indian Multinational Pharmaceutical Company.
- It was founded in 1935 by Khwaja Abdul Hamied.
- The company has its headquarter in Mumbai.
- Cipla primarily develops medicines to treat Arthritis, Cardiovascular Disease, respiratory, Depression, Diabetes, & Weight control.
- The name of the Company was “The Chemical, Industrial & Pharmaceutical Laboratories”, they changed to “Cipla Limited” on 20 July 1984.
- Colorbar is a Cosmetics Company.
- It was launched by Samir Modi in 2004.
- The brand was repositioned as a more exclusive yet affordable product.
- Colorbar is one of the leading beauty brands in India.
- The company produces & package their products in France, Germany, Italy, Korea & the U.S.
- Coloressence is a part of Natures Essence’s made in India product.
- They have a wide range of cosmetics for the face, eyes, lips, and body.
- The brand is focused on enhancing the beauty of every Indian woman and curates the products as per the Indian skin tones for the best effect.
- The headquarter of the company is located in New Delhi.
- Colorplus is one of the brands of the Raymond Group.
- The brand is owned by ColorPlus Fashions Pvt Ltd a partnership between Viju Mathai and Rajendra Mudaliar.
- Colorplus was set up in 1993.
- It has more than 100 stores across India.
- It has a sub-brand named Purple Club, which is known as a premium casual wear brand.
- Craftsvilla is an Indian e-commerce portal that sells fashionable products and home accessories.
- It was launched in 2011.
- The headquarter of the company is located in Mumbai.
- Aggregating Artisans, Designers, and Retailers from all over India use Craftsvilla as an online marketplace.
- The company is pegged at around $300–500 million in size.
- It is an Indian multinational company engaged in the design, manufacturing, & marketing of power generating products.
- It was founded in 1878 by R. E. B. Crompton & James Greaves.
- Murugappa Group is the parent company of this company.
- In 1947, it was acquired by Karam Chand Thapar of Thapar Group.
- The company listed itself on NSE & BSE in 1960 and changed its name to “Crompton Greaves Limited” in 1966.
- Cybage is an IT consulting company founded in 1995, located in Kalyani Nagar, Pune.
- It was founded by Arun Nathani & Deepak Nathani.
- It has its development centers in Pune, Hyderabad, and Gandhinagar.
- The company also has offices in the US, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Germany, Singapore, Japan, & Australia.
- The company changed its name from Cyberage to Cybage Software on 14th September 2000.
- Cyient Limited was formerly known as Infotech Enterprises Limited.
- The company is focused on Engineering, Manufacturing, Data Analytics, and Networks & Operations.
- It was founded in 1991 by B. V. R. Mohan Reddy.
- The headquarters is located in Hyderabad.
- Infotech Enterprises was re-branded Cyient in 2014.
- Da Milano’s began its journey in 1989.
- The brand has 44 running stores in India owned and self-operated exclusive showrooms in 10 cities.
- Their products are exported throughout the world, mainly to Europe where they are showcased at leading department stores.
- Da Milano started its first store in Delhi.
- Sahil Malik is now the Managing Director of Da Milano after his father started the company.
- Datamatics was founded by Dr. Lalit.S.Kanodia in 1975.
- It is a Digital Technology & BPM company with over 10,000 employees.
- The company has a presence in 9 countries: ie; Australia, Dubai, Germany, India, Philippines, Singapore, Sweden, UK, USA.
- Its global delivery centers are spread across the US, Europe, India, and the Philippines.
- The headquarter is located in Mumbai.
- DMart is an Indian chain of hypermarkets in India.
- It was founded by Radhakishan Damani in the year 2002.
- As of 2019, they had 196 stores in 72 cities across 11 states.
- The company has its headquarters in Mumbai.
- After the IPO listing, DMart made a record opening on the share market on the NSE.
- Easyday is an Indian retail brand that runs chains of consumer retail supermarkets and convenience stores.
- Easyday is wholly owned by future group Retail.
- It was founded in 2008 & has its headquarter in New Delhi.
- Their first store was opened in Punjab
- Easyday presently has 523 stores across 12 states.
- Eicher Motors is a manufacturer of Motorcycles and Commercial Vehicles.
- It was founded in 1948 by Vikram Lal.
- Eicher Motors is the parent company of Royal Enfield Motorcycles.
- The company also has a joint venture with Sweden’s Volvo Trucks.
- It has its headquarters in New Delhi.
- Emami Group is an Indian Conglomerate Company.
- It was founded in 1974 by R.S. Agarwal & R.S. Goenka.
- Emami’s headquarter is in Kolkata.
- The company is well known in India for its Fairness Cream products for men.
- Emami acquired “Zandu Pharmaceutical” for ₹730 crores in 2008.
- Emami became debt free within 2 years of the Zandu deal.
- Essar Group is an Indian Construction Company.
- It was founded by Shashi Ruia and Ravi Ruia in 1969.
- Essar Global controls a number of assets across the core sectors of Energy, Infrastructure, Metals & Mining, etc.
- The headquarter of the company is located in Mumbai.
- They are known for holding 100% stake in all its investments.
- Eureka Forbes Ltd is an Indian Multinational consumer goods company.
- It was founded in 1982.
- It provides water purification devices, vacuum cleaners, air purification systems, & home security products.
- It is a subsidiary company of Shapoorji Pallonji Group.
- The company has over 5000 employees.
38Ferns N Petals
- Ferns N Petals is India’s largest flower and gifts retailer.
- Ferns N Petals has a network of over 300 outlets across 120 cities.
- It was started by Vikaas Gutgutia in 1994.
- They opened their first shop in Delhi South Extension.
- The company serves 155 countries excluding India.
- FirstCry is an Indian online store for baby products.
- It was launched in 2010 by Supam Maheshwari & Amitava Saha.
- They have over 380 stores across India.
- FirstCry is Asia’s largest online shopping store for kids & baby products.
- The company opened their first outlet in Srinagar in 2019.
- It is an Indian Brand owned by Arvind Limited that was launched in 1980.
- Flying Machine is India’s first homegrown Denim Brand and one of the coolest youth apparel brands in India.
- The company continues to experiment and push boundaries like today’s teenagers.
- The brand chooses to be a trendsetter rather than a fad-follower and this attitude is reflected in each & every one of its products.
- Flying Machine collaborated with Sushant Singh Rajput in 2016.
- Force Motors Limited, is an Indian Multinational Automotive Manufacturer.
- It was founded in 1958 by Abhay Firodia.
- The company was known as Bajaj Tempo Motors till 2005.
- The company is known for brands like Tempo, Matador, Minidor, & Traveller.
- Force Motors is India’s largest van maker.
- Though the name seems foreign, it is a Delhi based company.
- It was launched in the year 1995.
- Franco Leone formal shoes are synonymous with Style, Elegance, & Class.
- The collection of derby shoes by Franco Leone includes some great shoes in black, brown, & other eye-catching colors.
- It’s the best choice for those who want formal shoes in an economical price range.
- Freshdesk was Incorporated in 2010.
- It was founded by Girish Mathrubootham and Shan Krishnasamy.
- Freshdesk was launched from Chennai.
- Their first customer was from Australia.
- Freshdesk raises its first round of funding, worth $1 million in 2011.
- Funskool is an Indian toy manufacturing company founded in 1987.
- Its headquarter is located in Chennai.
- Apart from its own brands, the company also manufactures and distributes products like Hasbro, Disney, Warner Bros, Takara Tomy, etc.
- The company was started as a joint venture by MRF Ltd. and American toy manufacturer Hasbro, Inc.
- Funskool opened its third manufacturing at Ranipet dedicated to handling exports in 2019.
45Gini & Jony
- Gini & Jony is an Indian kid’s Fashion Brand.
- The company was founded by the Lakhani brothers in 1980.
- The brand sells apparel through a mix of company-owned and franchisee outlets.
- Gini & Jony has 200+ exclusive brand outlets.
- The company is partially owned (22%) by Anil Ambani’s Reliance Capital.
- Greaves is one of the leading and diversified engineering companies in India.
- The company was founded in 1859 by James Greaves and George Cotton.
- Greaves is a market leader in fuel-agnostic powertrain solutions.
- They manufacture Cleantech Powertrains for CNG, Petrol, & Diesel segments.
- Mahindra partnered with Greaves Cotton to source BS-VI-ready Powertrain Solutions.
- Greaves opens 100th Greaves Care Centre for Conventional/ Alternate Fuel and Electric Vehicles in 2018.
- Havells was founded in 1958 by Qimat Rai Gupta.
- It is an Indian Electrical Equipment Company.
- The headquarters of the company is located in Noida and serves worldwide.
- Havells owns brands like Crabtree, Lloyd, Promptech, Standard Electric.
- The company has over 6,000 workers in over 50 countries.
- Hawkins Cookers Limited is an Indian company that manufactures pressure cookers and cookware.
- Hawkins has three manufacturing plants at Hoshiarpur, Jaunpur, & Thane.
- They manufacture under the brand names of Contura, Futura, Hawkins, Hevibase, Ventura.
- Hawkins is one of the largest pressure cooker manufacturers in India.
- They export their products to more than 40 countries.
- HCL Technologies Limited is an Indian Multinational Information Technology (IT) Company.
- It was founded by Shiv Nadar in 1976.
- Its headquarter is located in Noida.
- The company has offices in 44 countries including the UK, US, France, and Germany with a worldwide network of R&D, Innovation Labs, & Delivery Centers.
- It is among the top 20 largest publicly-traded companies in India with a market capitalization of $21.5 billion as of May 2019.
- Hidesign is a leather goods manufacturer with its headquarter in Pondicherry.
- The company has operations in 24 countries.
- The leather goods segment of Hidesign contributes to 160 crores of revenue.
- Hidesign has manufacturing facilities in Sikkim, Baddi, Puducherry, and Chennai.
- Dilip Kapur, the founder started Hidesign as a hobby in 1978.
- iBall is an Indian consumer electronics company owned by Shreans Daga & Anil Parasrampuria.
- The company is headquartered in Mumbai.
- They import Computer Peripherals, Smartphones, and Tablets from original equipment manufacturers.
- The company started their operations in 2001, initially selling Computer Mice.
- iBall sells have more than 27 different product categories.
- Infosys is an Indian Multinational Corporation that provides Business Consulting, Information Technology, and Outsourcing Services.
- Infosys was established by 7 Engineers in Pune
- They started their journey with an initial capital of $250 in 1981.
- The company was founded in 1981 and has its headquarter in Bengaluru.
- Infosys is the second-largest IT Company in India after TCS.
- On 29 March 2019, its market capitalization was $46.52 billion.
- ITC Limited is an Indian Multinational Company headquartered in Kolkata.
- It was established in 1910 as the “Imperial Tobacco Company of India”.
- The company was renamed “India Tobacco Company Limited” in 1970 and later to I.T.C. Limited in 1974.
- ITC has a diversified presence across industries such as Cigarettes, FMCG, Hotels, Packaging, Paperboards, etc.
- The company completed its 100 years in 2010.
- As of 2019–20, ITC had an annual turnover of US$10.74 billion.
- Jackson Records is a film and music publishing label in India.
- It was founded in 2011 by Utsav Bhanja.
- It was formerly known as Digisys Media Network until July 2014.
- Jackson Records was named as a label in 2011 while delivering media services to other business concerns and artists.
- They started with Indie Rock and Metal Bands from around the globe.
- Jaguar is the luxury vehicle brand of Jaguar Land Rover.
- Ford formally declared that Tata was the preferred bidder on 1st January 2008.
- Ford sold its Jaguar and Land Rover operations to Tata Motors of India On 26 March 2008.
- Tata bought Jaquar Land Rover at a cost of £1.7 billion.
- Tata group established “Jaguar Land Rover” as a British-registered and their wholly-owned subsidiary.
- Jovees Herbal was started in September 2004 with 24 products.
- Today they have a wide range of more than 150 products for Skin, Hair, & Body care.
- Other than India, they are present in Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, France, Maldives, Australia, & Spain.
- They have more than 3000 employees.
- Jovees make 100% vegan products.
- Jubilant FoodWorks Limited is an Indian Food Delivery Company having headquarter in Noida.
- It holds the Master Franchise for Domino’s Pizza in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh.
- The company also holds Dunkin’ Donuts in India.
- Hong’s Kitchen is its own homegrown brand.
- It was founded in 1995 and began operations in 1996.
- Jubilant opened India’s first Domino’s Pizza outlet in New Delhi in 1996.
- Killer Jeans was launched in 1989.
- It is one of the brands in the premium men’s’ wear segment.
- This brand is targeted to customers between the age group of 16 to 25 years.
- Killer Jeans is one of the largest selling denim brands in India.
- The designs of Killer are alike with the rebellious streak of youth.
- Kingfisher is an Indian beer brand of the United Breweries Group.
- The brand was launched in 1978.
- It has a market share of over 36% in India & also available in 52 other countries.
- Kingfisher is ranked 74th among India’s most trusted brands according to the Brand Trust Report 2012.
- Kingfisher Beer has 10 Variants having 4.8% alcohol by volume.
- Kirloskar Group is an Indian Conglomerate Company.
- It was founded in 1888 by Laxmanrao Kirloskar & has its headquarter in Pune.
- The company exports to over 70 countries, most of Africa, Southeast Asia, and Europe.
- Kirloskar is India’s largest maker of Pumps and Valves.
- The company is one of the major component suppliers for the indigenous Arihant Nuclear Submarine program.
- Kokuyo Camlin was formerly known as “Camlin”.
- It is an Indian Multinational Stationery Manufacturing Company.
- It was founded in 1931 and has its headquarter in Mumbai.
- The company shares profits with Kokuyo of Japan, which holds a 51% stake in Kokuyo Camlin after buying it in 2012.
- The company commercializes a wide range of products related to Art Materials, Office Goods, & Writing Implements.
- Camlin started operations as “Dandekar & Co.” with “Horse Brand” Ink powders and tablets in 1931.
- Lakmé is an Indian cosmetics brand which is owned by Hindustan Unilever.
- It was founded in 1952 by J.R.D Tata & Simone Tata.
- After having Kareena Kapoor and Chamma as the ambassador, it ranked number 1 among the cosmetics brands in India.
- Lakmé was started as a 100% subsidiary of Tata Oil Mills.
- It was named after the French opera “Lakmé”, which is the French form of Devi Lakshmi.
- The journey began for La Opala Glass Private Limited in 1987.
- La Opala’s first opal glass plant was set up at Madhupur in 1988.
- In 1991 La Opala earned the honor of being the first exporter of opal glass Tableware.
- They became the first Indian company to export 24% Lead Crystal Tableware.
- La Opala became the first Public Limited tableware company in 1995.
64Larsen & Toubro Limited
- Larsen & Toubro Limited, commonly known as L&T, is an Indian Technology, Engineering, Construction, Manufacturing, and Financial Services Conglomerate.
- L&T was founded by two Danish engineers who took refuge in India.
- It was founded in 1938 and has its headquarter in Mumbai.
- As of 2020, L&T Group comprises 118 Subsidiaries, 6 Associates, 25 Joint-Ventures companies.
- L&T Construction is among the World’s Top 15 Contractors.
- Louis Philippe is a premium brand of men’s apparel originating from India.
- It is a subsidiary of Madura Fashion & Lifestyle.
- The brand was founded in 1989 and named after Louis Philippe, King of the French.
- As of 2018, Louis Philippe is one of the largest apparel brands in India.
- It has a turnover of more than $150 million.
- Madame was established in the early 1980s.
- The headquarter of the company is located in Gurugram, Haryana.
- The company has over 800 employees.
- The brand targets teenagers and younger women.
- Madame has undergone notable expansion, opening its first exclusive store in Mumbai in 2002.
- Marico is one of India’s leading FMCG companies.
- They provide consumer products and services in the areas of Health, Beauty, and Wellness.
- It was founded in 1990 by Harsh Mariwala.
- Marico is present in 25+ countries across Asia and Africa.
- As of 2018–19, the company generated a turnover of ₹7,334 crores.
- McDowell’s No.1 is an Indian brand of Alcohol manufactured by United Spirits Limited.
- It is amongst the top Indian Flagship brand.
- The brand also has bottled water and soda.
- McDowell launched the McDowell’s No.1 Brandy in 1963.
- McDowell’s No.1 is popularly known for its slogan Mera No. 1.
- Mindtree Limited is an Indian Multinational Information Technology and Outsourcing Company.
- In India it has its headquarter in Bangalore and New Jersey in the USA.
- It was founded in 1999 and it is a part of the Larsen & Toubro group.
- The company employs more than 21,000 employees and generates over $1 Billion annual revenue.
- Mindtree has 43 offices in over 18 countries.
- Monte Carlo is a Clothing Company in India.
- It manufactures woolen and cotton garments for men, women, and kids.
- It was established in 1984 by Oswal Woollen Mills Limited.
- The company has two manufacturing units in Jalandhar and has over 1,400 employees.
- Moser Baer was an Indian manufacturer of Digital Data Storage Devices.
- It was founded in 1983 and defunct in 2018.
- The company was present in over 100 countries.
- Its products were manufactured at its three plants in New Delhi.
- The company has subsidiaries that manufacture Photovoltaic Cells, Modules, and thin Film Technologies.
- Mphasis Limited is an IT services company in India.
- It was founded in 2000 by Jerry Rao & Jeroen Tas.
- The headquarter of the company is located in Bangalore.
- It mainly serves financial services, telecom, logistics, and technology industries.
- Mphasis was ranked 7th among Indian IT companies and overall 189th by Fortune India 500 in 2019.
- In April 2016, Hewlett Packard Enterprise sold the majority of its stake in Mphasis to Blackstone Group LP for around US$1 billion.
- Munich Polo uses the German language and depicts Munich’s rich cultural history on its website.
- The Indian brand has positioned itself as a German brand.
- They recently rolled out its premium kidswear stores in New Delhi.
- It draws inspiration from Munich’s heritage for its apparel designs.
- Munich Polo uses fair-skinned child models to give the brand a German look & feel.
- Notting Hill is an Indian brand owned by Raymond Group.
- It was launched in 2007.
- The brand mainly features men’s suits, trousers, shirts, & gentleman products.
- Old Monk is an iconic vatted Indian dark rum launched in 1954.
- Mohan Meakin is the manufacturer of Old Monk Rum.
- The company claims their whiskey is blended and aged for a minimum of 7 years.
- Old Monk is a dark rum with a distinct vanilla flavor that has an alcohol content of 42.8%.
- Old Monk does not spend on Advertising since its popularity depends on word of mouth and the loyalty of customers.
- It is produced in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Onida is an Indian Electronics Goods manufacturer.
- It was founded by G.L. Mirchandani in 1981.
- Its headquarter is located in Mumbai.
- Onida became well known in India for its color CRT televisions and Smart TVs.
- Onida has a presence in Russia, Ukraine, & a few other countries.
- Oswald Labs is an Indian and Netherlands-based accessibility technology company that builds products for individuals with disabilities.
- It was founded in New Delhi in 2016 by Anand Chowdhary & Nishant Gadihoke.
- Oswald Labs is named in honor of German physician Oswald Berkhan who first identified Dyslexia in 1881.
- It specializes in enterprise web accessibility, offers smartphone apps, and also runs a startup accelerator.
- Oswald Extension won an event at the AngelHack Hackathon in New Delhi.
78Park Avenue & Parx
- Both the brands are owned by Raymond Group.
- Park Avenue includes Body Care Solutions, Fragrances, Hair Care, & Shaving Systems.
- Over the years, Park Avenue range of Personal Care and Grooming products have earned a reputation for being amongst the best in the industry.
- Parx is a premium casual lifestyle brand, which is positioned to cater to the needs of consumers who are looking for dressing up for life across occasions and events.
- Parx reflects the persona of the energetic 22-30 year old who is aggressive, outgoing, dynamic, and lives his life to the fullest.
- Paper Boat is a brand of traditional Indian beverages.
- It was introduced in 2013 by Hector Beverages.
- The companies headquarter is located in Bangalore.
- The drinks were initially offered in a single serving & flexible pouches.
- Paper Boat has also expanded to one-liter Tetra Pak cartons as well.
- Peter England was founded in 1889 in Ireland.
- They use to provide British soldiers with fine Khaki trousers during the Boer War.
- Peter England was first introduced into the Indian market in 1997.
- The brand was acquired by Aditya Birla Group in 2000 and quickly went on to become India’s Leading Menswear Brand.
- Peter England was listed in the top 5 most trusted brands in the Apparel Category for 7 consecutive years.
- Pidilite Industries Limited is an Indian adhesives manufacturing company that sells Art Materials, Construction Chemicals, and Other Industrial Chemicals.
- It was founded in 1959 by Balvant Parekh.
- The brands that Pidilite sells are Cyclo, Dr. Fixit, Fevicol, FeviKwik, M-seal, & Ranipal.
- Pidilite’s headquarter is located in Mumbai
- Provogue is an Indian Clothing and Accessories Retailer in India.
- It was launched in 1997 as a Menswear Fashion Brand.
- The company has more than 400 employees.
- Over the years the brand has expanded its collection for women’s fashion apparel and accessories as well.
- They became the kit sponsor of Rajasthan Royals in 2015 – 2017.
- Quick Heal is an Indian Cybersecurity Software Company.
- The company was formerly known as CAT Computer Services Ltd.
- It was founded by Kailash Katkar & Sanjay Katkar in 1993.
- The company’s products are regularly tested with the latest features against other similar products.
- Quick Heal’s Flagship Technology “Anti-Ransomware and Signatureless Detection” are patented.
- Raymond Group is an Indian Branded Fabric and Fashion Retailer.
- The company was founded in 1925 by Albert Raymond.
- It produces 31 million meters of wool and wool-blended fabrics annually.
- The group owns apparel brands like Park Avenue, ColorPlus & Parx.
- All the brands of Raymond Group are retailed through “The Raymond Shop”, with a network of over 700 retail shops spread across India.
- Rediff is an Indian News, Entertainment, & Shopping Web Portal.
- It was founded in 1996 by Ajit Balakrishnan.
- The company started with the email service Rediffmail & Rediff Shopping.
- Rediff was alleged to be in violation of the Securities Act of 1933 in 2001.
- The company decided to delist from NASDAQ in April 2016.
- Royal Enfield is an Indian Motorcycle Manufacturing Company.
- The company has the tag of “The Oldest Global Motorcycle Brand In Continuous Production”
- Royal Enfield’s factory and headquarter is located in Chennai.
- The Bullet model of Royal Enfield is the longest motorcycle production run of all time.
- Royal Enfield is a subsidiary of Eicher Motors Limited.
- Sasken is an Indian company with a specialization in Telecommunication and Semiconductors.
- It was founded in 1989 in a small warehouse in Fremont, California.
- They provide product engineering and digital transformation services to global customers.
- The word “Ken” is the Scottish word for knowledge.
- Sasken employs 2000+ people in various parts of development centers in India and also in Germany, Japan, UK, and the USA.
- Shoppers Stop is an Indian Department Store Chain owned by the K Raheja Corp.
- It was founded in 1991.
- Shoppers Stop has 86 stores in India.
- The company is mainly with clothing, accessories, handbags, shoes, Jewellery, fragrances, cosmetics, health and beauty products, home furnishing, and décor products.
- The first store of SS was opened in Andheri in 1991.
- Spykar is a leading youth fashion denim brand in India.
- It was created in 1992 with a penchant for design innovation, new product launches, and creating fashion for young India.
- Spykar is known for its Product Quality and Great Fitting.
- The core team at Spykar has grown with the business and continues to be a part of the journey for the last 20 years.
- Syska is an Indian Lighting Solutions company.
- Its products range from simple led lights to color-changing bulbs and to apps that manage energy-efficient buildings.
- The company was founded in 2012, having its headquarter in Pune.
- Syska LED managed to become the leader of the market in just 2 years after its setup.
- Their main manufacturing plant is located in Korea.
- Tetley is a beverage manufacturer founded in 1837 in England.
- Since 2000, Tetley has been a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Consumer Products.
- It is the largest tea company in Canada & the UK.
- In India, the headquarter is located in Kolkata and Greenford in England.
- Tetley is the second-largest manufacturer of teas in the world, after Unilever.
- The Collective is one of its kind, super-premium retail concept, known for its breadth of exclusive fashion.
- Collective is owned by Madura Fashion & Lifestyle.
- Collective Apparel rages from Formal to Semi-Formal, to Casual, and Denim to Active.
- Their accessories brand includes names such as Love Moschino, Michael Kors, Tateossian, etc .
- They enabled Indian consumers to buy the most prestigious global fashionwear and accessories by introducing premier international labels.
- Titan is an Indian Lifestyle Company that manufactures fashion accessories such as Watches, Jewelry, and Eyewear.
- Tata Group & TIDCO is the parent company of Titan Company Limited.
- They commenced their operations in 1984 as Titan Watches Limited.
- Titan diversified into jewelry with Tanishq and subsequently into eyewear with Titan Eyeplus.
- Titan entered the fragrances segment with the brand Skinn in 2013.
- VIP is India’s largest Luggage Manufacturing Company.
- It was founded in 1971 by Dilip Piramal.
- The companies headquarter is located in Mumbai.
- VIP is the world’s second-largest and Asia’s largest luggage maker.
- They have 8,000+ retail outlets in India and a network of retailers in 50 countries.
- It acquired the United Kingdom based luggage brand “Carlton” in 2004.
- Trent Limited is the retail hand of Tata group that was started in 1998 who operates Westside.
- Westside’s headquarter is located in Mumbai.
- The company has 143 retail stores measuring 8,000-34,000 sq. ft. in 82 major Indian cities under the Westside brand.
- Their net income was 86 crores in 2018.
- Trent also owns a bookstore chain known as “Landmark”.
- Wildcraft, is an Indian manufacturing company headquartered in Bengaluru founded in 1998.
- Gaurav Dublish & Siddharth Sood are the founders of the company Wildcraft.
- The company’s products are sold in over 200+ exclusive stores in India.
- Wildcraft’s first product in the 1990s was a Dome Tent.
- The company expanded manufacturing multi-terrain footwear and outdoor clothing from outdoor gears.
- In 2014, they rolled out an expanded range of gear including clothing and footwear.
- Wipro is an Indian Multinational Corporation that provides IT Consulting and Business Process Services.
- It was 29 December 1945 by Mohamed Premji.
- The companies headquarter is located in Bangalore.
- Wipro separated its non-IT businesses and formed the privately-owned Wipro Enterprises in 2013.
- The firm announced the launch of its 5G edge services solutions suite built with IBM software systems in July 2020
- Woodland was first launched in Delhi’s Connaught Place and South Extension.
- The parent company of Woodland “Aero Group” was founded by Avatar Singh in Canada, in the 1980s.
- When the company started they use to manufacture winter boots for Canada & Russia.
- The company also sells its products in the Middle East, Hong Kong, and Dubai.
- Aero Group’s business was at its peak until the 1990s when the Russian market went down with the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
- XOLO is an Indian mobile brand by Lava International, headquartered in Noida.
- They manufacture personal electronics devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptops, and electronic accessories.
- In 2012, Xolo launched India’s first smartphone with an Intel processor, the Xolo X900.
- Xolo was the first Indian manufacturer to launch a tablet with AMD Processor.
- Zoho Corporation is an Indian Multinational Technology Company.
- It was founded by Sridhar Vembu & Tony Thomas in 1996.
- The organization focuses on Web-Based Business Tools and IT.
- ZOHO’s global headquarters is in Chennai and its corporate headquarters in Pleasanton.
- From 1996 to 2009, the company was known as AdventNet, Inc.
- 3i Infotech Ltd is an Indian IT company founded in 1993.
- It was first established as ICICI Infotech Ltd.
- 3i Infotech was promoted by ICICI Bank but ICICI divested the majority of the shares in March 2002.
- The company provides software products, IT services, and business process outsourcing for a variety of industries.
- They have a worldwide presence in Bahrain, India, Kenya, Malaysia, New Jersey, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Thailand, UAE, UK.
|Check Out The Top Reads|