Last Updated: 19 January 2021
After all the dispute between India, Pakistan, and China since 1947, Ladakh finally became a union territory on 31 October 2019.
There are many important things to learn about Ladakh like their culture, political issues, rivers, borders, hills, etc.
For you to understand Ladakh simple and easy we have provided questions and answers on all the important questions you might be having on your mind.
Read all the Ladakh static GK questions and answers to sharpen your knowledge and sitting for competitive exams.
Ladakh Static GK Questions And Answers
Answer: The Land of High Passes
Answer: Ladakh (59,146 km²)
5) Shey, etc
Answer: Ladakh has only two seasons i.e. Summer (June-September) and Winter (October-May).
Summer: 3 to 35 °C
Winter: -20 to -35 °C
Answer: Leh (Summer) and Kargil (Winter)
Answer: Indus River
1) Zanskar River
2) Indus River
3) Shyok River
4) Suru River
5) Tsarap River
6) Nubra River
7) Chip Chap River
8) Dras River
9) Galwan River
10) Shingo River
Answer: La: Mountain Pass & Dak: Country
Answer: Karakoram Range
Answer: Zanskar (ज़ंस्कार) Range
Answer: Stok Kangri (6,154 metres)
1) Marsimik La Pass (5,582 m)
2) Saser La Pass (5,411 m)
3) Chang La Pass (5,360 m)
4) Khardung La Pass (5,359 m)
5) Taglang La Pass (5,328m)
6) Lungalacha La Pass (5,059m)
7) Bara-Lacha La Pass (4,892m)
8) Pensi La Pass (4,400 m)
9) Fotu La Pass (4,108 m)
10) Rohtang Pass (3,978m)
11) Namika La Pass (3,700 m)
12) Zoji La Pass (3,528m)
Answer: Khardung La (5,359 m)
Answer: Taglang La (5,328m)
Answer: Kalindi Pass, Uttarakhand (5,950 m)
Answer: Urdu, Hindi, English
Answer: 59,146 km2
Answer: Jammu and Kashmir (42,241 km²)
1) Kargil District: (Headquarter: Kargil)
2) Leh District: (Headquarter: Leh)
Answer: Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council
Answer: Pangong Lake (A.K.A Pangong Tso)
Answer: Saltoro Kangri (7,742 m)
Answer: Indus River (2,550 m)
Answer: 134 km
Answer: Jammu and Kashmir High Court
1) Muslims (46%)
2) Tibetan Buddhists (40%)
3) Hindus (12%)
Answer: 31 October 2019
Answer: Daily Excelsior
Answer: Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport
Answer: William Moorcroft (1820)
Answer: University of Ladakh
Answer: Radha Krishna Mathur
Answer: 4 (Four)
Answer: The Moravian Mission School (1889)
Answer: Khardung La pass
Answer: Tso Moriri Lake
Answer: Gateway To Valleys
Answer: Pangong Lake
51. Important Minerals Found in Ladakh?
Answer: Limestone, Marble, Granite, Borax
52. Where did the Kargil War Happen?
53. Popular Movies Shot in Ladakh?
1) 3 Idiots (2009)
2) Lakshya (2004)
3) Race 3 (2018)
4) Tubelight (2017)
5) Shershaah (2020)
54. What has changed in Ladakh after it became Union Territory?
1) Indians from other states can buy a property and settle in Ladakh.
2) Right To Information (RTI) is now available.
3) Women will be free to work and get educational degrees.
4) Ladakh will have No assembly like Chandigarh.
5) Right To Education (RTE) will apply.
55. Which Article is related to the making of Ladakh a Union Territory?
Answer: Article 240
56. Which Country surrounds Ladakh?
57. What was Ladakh before Union Territory?
Answer: Part of Jammu And Kashmir
58. Where is Kargil?
Answer: Ladakh (Second Largest Town after Leh)
59. What are the Traditional houses in Ladakh made of?
Answer: Stones, timbers, and mud
60. Which River is called the backbone of Ladakh?
Answer: Indus River
61. Where was Red Throated Thrush and Plumbeous Water Redstart found in 2020?
62. Who is the real Phunsukh Wangdu in 3 Idiots Movie?
Answer: Sonam Wangchuk, He is an engineer hailing from Ladakh.
63. Why is Ladakh famous?
1) Breathtaking Landscapes
2) Crystal Clear Skies
3) Highest Mountain Passes
4) Thrilling Adventure Activities
5) Buddhist Monasteries
7) Bikers Dream
64. Name Lakes in Ladakh?
1) Pangong Lake
2) Tso Moriri
3) Tso Kar
4) Kyagar Tso
5) Mirpal Tso
65. What is Ladakh sometimes called as?
Answer: Little Tibet
66. Dam in Ladakh?
Answer: Nimoo Bazgo Dam (Indus River)
67. Which lake in Ladakh share border with China?
Answer: Pangong Tso lake
68. The only National Park in Ladakh?
Answer: Hemis National Park
69. Mughal Garden built in Ladakh in 1632 AD?
Answer: Chashme Shahi (A.K.AChashma i Shah)
70. Which Palace was built by King Sengge Namgyal in the 17th century?
Answer: Leh Palace
71. Wildlife Sanctuary in Ladakh?
Answer: Karakoram Wildlife Sanctuary and Changthang Wildlife Sanctuary
72. Which Minister virtually inaugurated India’s highest Meteorological Centre in Leh?
Answer: Dr. Harsh Vardhan
73. What is the elevation of Likir Monastery?
74. When was “Khelo India” 1st Zanskar Winter Sports in Ladakh inaugurated?
Answer: January 18, 2021
75. What is the name of the Double Humped Camel found in Ladakh?
Answer: Bactrian Camel