Last Updated: 26 July 2021
The list of Olympic Games is contested in the Summer Olympics, Winter Olympics, and Paralympics.
Quick recap, the 2014 Winter Olympics included 7 sports & the 2016 Summer Olympics included 28 sports. The number & types of events of every Olympic may change slightly from one Olympiad to another.
Every Olympic Sport is represented by an international Governing Body namely the International Federation (IF)
In this article, you’ll find all the list of Olympics Games that are categorized in 4 categories, the Summer, Winter, Youth, & Paralympics.
Fun Facts Of Olympics
- The Postponed and Rescheduled of 2020 Summer Olympics as a result of COVID-19 rather than canceling it, is the first time in the Olympics History.
- The first Olympics was held in 1896 in Athens, Greece.
- Olympic Games were canceled 3 times, World War I (1916) and twice during World War II (1940, 1944).
- During the 2012 London Olympics, the Olympic Village required more than 165,000 towels for two weeks of activity.
- The 2016 Olympic Games in Rio marks the first time the Olympics were held in South America.
Read all the lists to find out the name of the sports that you might not have heard or seen the sport.
Also at the end of the blog, you can read about the Demonstration of different sports that were not introduced into the Olympics.
Summer Olympic Sports List
Related: 100 Quiz On Sports: Multiple Choice For Competitive Exams
Winter Olympic Sports List
|Short Track Speed Skating|
Youth Olympic Sports List
|Roller Speed Skating|
Related: Indian Cricket GK Questions And Answers: World Cup, T20, IPL, etc.
Paralympics Olympic Sports List
Related: List Of European Countries And Their Capitals With PDF
Demonstration Of Summer Sports
The list of sports has been demonstrated at the Summer Olympic Games for the given years but has never been included in the official Olympic program.
|20||Swedish (Ling) Gymnastics||1948|
|21||Weight Training with Dumbbells||1904|
Demonstration Of Winter Sports
The list of sports has been demonstrated at the Winter Olympic Games for the given years but has never been included in the official Olympic program.
|3||Ice Stock Sport||1936|
|4||Ski Ballet (Acroski)||1988|