Last Updated: 9 December 2020
Are You looking for Manipur General Knowledge Questions and Answers?
Manipur is one of the Beautiful State of Northeast India, It also happens to be one of the 7 Sisters States of the Northeast.
There is much more to learn bout this fascinating Indian state Manipur than just going through the books.
In this article, I have Included a huge syllabus of all the topics that would be very useful to learn and also sit for state competitive exams like the Manipur Public Service Commission, State Exams, etc
Some of the Highlights of the Contents on this article are:
- Governments & Politics
- Chief Ministers & Governors
- Wildlife, Parks & Stadiums
- Rivers, Dams, Flora, & Fauna
- State Symbols
- Tourism and Heritage Sites
- Festival, Dance, Music
- Culture & Language, etc
Boost Your General Knowledge by going through the Best 100 Manipur General Knowledge Questions and Answers on the Internet.
Manipur General Knowledge Questions And Answers
Answer: Mairembam Koireng Singh
Answer: 22,327 km²
Answer: 21 January 1972
Answer: 5 June 1980
Answer: Yangmasho Shaiza
Answer: 10 Times
Answer: Nongthombam Biren Singh
Answer: Maharaja Budhachandra
Answer: 13 October 2005
Answer: Okram Ibobi Singh (15 Years, 11 Days)
Answer: Bir Tikendrajit International Airport
Answer: Manipur, Land of Gold
Answer: Kangla Sha
Related: 100+ General Knowledge Questions On Northeast India
Answer: 25 March 2013
Answer: B. K. Nehru
Answer: Najma A. Heptulla (21 August 2016)
Answer: Mandalay (Myanmar)
Answer: Tilli Koktong Leikoiren
Answer: Ningthou Kangba
Answer: Loktak Lake
1) North: Lanye River
2) Central: Manipur River Basin
3) East: Yu River Basin
4) West: Barak River Basin (Barak Valley)
Answer: Barak River
Answer: Sagol Kangjei
Answer: Maharaja Bodhchandra Singh (11 August 1947)
Answer: Meitei (Manipuri)
1) Bird: Nongin
2) Flower: Shirui lily
3) Mammal: Sangai
4) Song: Sana Leibak Manipur
5) Tree: Uningthou
Answer: Abhay Manohar Sapre
Answer: Mount Tempü (2,994 m)
Related: Quiz On Geography Of India And The World (UPSC Syllabus)
Answer: Alluvium Soil
Answer: Sagaing Region
List Of Chief Ministers Of Manipur
|1||Mairembam Koireng Singh||1 July 1963||11 Jan 1967||INC|
|➢||President’s Rule(1)||12 Jan 1967||19 Mar 1967|
|(1)||Mairembam Koireng Singh||20 Mar 1967||4 Oct 1967||INC|
|2||Longjam Thambou Singh||13 Oct 1967||24 Oct 1967||MUF|
|➢||President’s Rule(2)||25 Oct 1967||18 Feb 1968|
|(1)||Mairembam Koireng Singh||19 Feb 1968||16 Oct 1969||INC|
|➢||President’s Rule(3)||17 Oct 1969||22 Mar 1972|
|3||Mohammed Alimuddin||23 Mar 1972||27 Mar 1973||MPP|
|➢||President’s Rule(4)||28 Mar 1973||3 Mar 1974|
|(3)||Mohammed Alimuddin||4 Mar 1974||9 July 1974||MPP|
|4||Yangmasho Shaiza||10 Jul 1974||5 Dec 1974||MHU|
|5||Raj Kumar Dorendra Singh||6 Dec 1974||15 May 1977||INC|
|➢||President’s Rule(5)||16 May 1977||28 Jun 1977|
|(4)||Yangmasho Shaiza||29 June 1977||13 Nov 1979||JP|
|➢||President’s Rule(6)||14 Nov 1979||13 Jan 1980|
|(5)||Raj Kumar Dorendra Singh||14 Jan 1980||26 Nov 1980||INC|
|6||Rishang Keishing||27 Nov 1980||27 Feb 1981||INC|
|➢||President’s Rule(7)||28 Feb 1981||18 Jun 1981|
|(6)||Rishang Keishing||19 June 1981||3 Mar 1988||INC|
|7||Raj Kumar Jaichandra Singh||4 Mar 1988||22 Feb 1990||INC|
|8||Raj Kumar Ranbir Singh||23 Feb 1990||6 Jan 1992||MPP|
|➢||President’s Rule(8)||7 Jan 1992||7 Apr 1992|
|(5)||Raj Kumar Dorendra Singh||8 Apr 1992||10 Apr 1993||INC|
|➢||President’s Rule(9)||31 Dec 1993||13 Dec 1994|
|(6)||Rishang Keishing||14 Dec 1994||15 Dec 1997||INC|
|9||Wahengbam Nipamacha Singh||16 Dec 1997||14 Feb 2001||MSCP|
|10||Radhabinod Koijam||15 Feb 2001||1 Jun 2001||SP|
|➢||President’s Rule(10)||2 June 2001||6 Mar 2002|
|11||Okram Ibobi Singh||7 Mar 2002||14 Mar 2017||INC|
|12||Nongthombam Biren Singh||15 Mar 2017||Incumbent||BJP|
|Acronyms Of Political Parties|
|1||INC||Indian National Congress|
|2||MUF||Manipur United Front|
|3||MPP||Manipur Peoples Party|
|4||MHU||Manipur Hills Union|
|6||MSCP||Manipur State Congress Party|
|8||BJP||Bharatiya Janata Party|
51. Which Chief Justice of Manipur High Court was elected on 18 May 2018?
Answer: Ramalingam Sudhakar
52. What was Manipur Known as during the Khunungchak Period?
Answer: Meera Pongthoklam
53. When was Manipur made a Union Territory?
54. Who is known as the “Iron Lady of Manipur”?
Answer: Irom Chanu Sharmila
55. Which is the first Armed Opposition Group in Manipur?
Answer: United National Liberation Front (UNLF)
56. What is the Full Form of PREPAK?
Answer: People’s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak
57. After the Meitei Groups which tribes contribute to Maipur’s Population?
Answer: Nagas and Kukis
58. Which is the Largest District of Manipur?
Answer: Churachandpur (4,574 km2)
59. Which is the Smallest District of Manipur?
Answer: Jiribam (232 km2)
60. How many districts of Manipur shares its border with Myanmar?
Answer: 5 Districts
Districts Of Manipur That Share Its Border With Neighbouring States
61. How many members are in the Manipur Assembly?
Answer: 60 Members
62. How many seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribes in the Manipur Assembly?
Answer: 19 Seats
63. What is the Full Form of SHADC?
Answer: Sadar Hills Autonomous District Council
64. What is the Full Form of MNPF?
Answer: Manipur Naga People Front
65. Which state is known as “Gateway to the East”?
66. What is the Full Form of MANIREDA?
Answer: Manipur Renewable Energy Development Agency
67. When did the Government create 7 new Districts in Manipur?
Answer: 9 December 2016
68. Which Airport was renamed as Bir Tikendrajit Airport?
Answer: Tulihal Airport
69. What is the Floating Island of Manipur known as?
70. Where is the Floating Island of Manipur located?
Answer: Loktak Lake
Important Full Forms Of Manipur
|1||AFSPA||Armed Forces Special Powers Act|
|2||CKRF||Chin Kuki Revolutionary Front|
|3||HPC||Hmar Peoples Convention|
|4||KCP||Kangleipak Communist Party|
|5||KDF||Kuki Defence Force|
|6||KDM||Kuki Democratic Movement|
|7||KNA||Kuki National Army|
|8||KNF||Kuki National Front|
|9||KNO||Kuki National Organisation|
|10||KRPC||Kom Rem Peoples Convention|
|11||KSF||Kuki Security Force|
|12||KYKL||Kanglei Yawol Kanba Lup|
|13||MDU||Manipur Dramatic Union|
|14||MLFA||Manipur Liberation Front Army|
|15||MNPF||Manipur Naga People Front|
|16||NSCN||National Socialist Council of Nagaland|
|17||PLA||People’s Liberation Army|
|18||PREPAK||People’s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak|
|19||PULF||Peoples United Liberation Front|
|20||RJC||Revolutionary Joint Committee|
|21||RPF||Revolutionary Peoples Front|
|22||SATP||South Asia Terrorism Portal|
|24||UKLF||United Kuki Liberation Front|
|25||UNLF||United National Liberation Front|
|26||ZRA||Zomi Revolutionary Army|
|27||ZRO||Zomi Reunification Organisation|
|28||ZRV||Zomi Revolutionary Volunteers|
71. When was the Khuman Lampak Main Stadium built?
72. What is the Literal meaning of “Loktak”?
Answer: End of the Streams
73. Which hillock is located about 921 meters above sea level that is considered as a sacred place for Manipuri Hindus?
74. Name the National Park of Manipur?
Answer: Keibul Lamjao National Park
75. Which waterfall is located in the Senapati District?
Answer: Sadu Chiru Waterfall
76. Which Historical Cave is located in the Tamenglong District?
Answer: Thalon Cave
77. When was the Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) established?
Answer: 14 September 1972
78. How many seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes in the Manipur Assembly?
Answer: 1 Seat
79. Which is the first Railway Station of Manipur?
Answer: Jiribam Railway Station
80. Which Districts of Manipur Shares Its Border with Myanmar?
Answer: Chandel, Churachandpur, Kamjong, Tengnoupal, Ukhrul
81. What is the Full Form of MDU?
Answer: Manipur Dramatic Union
82. Which Institution was founded by Bhaktisvarupa Damodara Swami in 1989?
Answer: Ranganiketan Manipuri Cultural Arts Troupe
83. Is Manipuri Dance considered one of the 8 Classical Dances of India?
84. Name the Martial Art form of Manipur?
85. Who founded the Chorus Repertory Theatre?
Answer: Ratan Thiyam
86. Which game combines the arts of Mukna (wrestling hockey) and Kangjei (Cane Stick) to play the ball made of seasoned bamboo roots?
Answer: Mukna Kangjei
87. What does “Yubi lakpi” literally mean?
Answer: Coconut Snatching
88. When is “Ningol Chakouba” celebrated?
Answer: Second Lunar Day of Hiyangei (October-November)
89. Who inaugurated the 2017 Sangai Festival?
Answer: President Ram Nath Kovind
90. Who is the 6th Chief Minister of Manipur?
Answer: Rishang Keishing
91. Who is the first IAS officer of Manipur?
Answer: Kaikhokam Kipgen
92. Which Festival is known as the New Year of Manipur?
93. Name the Mono String Instrument of Manipur Which falls in the lute category?
94. When was the first President’s Rule imposed in Manipur?
Answer: 12 January 1967
95. Who was the first person to receive the Arjuna Award from Manipur?
Answer: N. Kunjarani Devi (1990)
96. When did Mary Kom receive the Arjuna Award?
97. Name the festival of Manipur where married women are invited to a feast at their Parental Home?
Answer: Ningol Chakouba
98. Who is the first recipient of the Dhyanchand Award from Manipur?
Answer: L. Anita Chanu
99. Who is the first Olympian of Manipur?
Answer: Pangambam Nilakomol Singh
100. Who inaugurated Khuga Dam?
Answer: Sonia Gandhi
101. How many Autonomous Councils are in Manipur?
Answer: 6 (Six)
Thank You For Reading Manipur General Knowledge Questions And Answers.