HomeExamMaths GK Question And Answer (Short & Important)
Maths GK Question And Answer (Short & Important)
Last Updated: 18 November 2022
All of us use maths in our day-to-day activities without realizing it.
From purchasing something to saving your monthly pocket money to measuring quantities while cooking or selling a thing. We take the help of numbers every time, meaning we use maths to solve our problems and make our life easy.
Although we use maths we don’t know what and who invented or discovered it in the field of mathematics. This blog has all the Important Maths questions that you may find useful.
Let us look at some of the GK Questions and Answer on Maths and expand your learning.
GKMaths Question And Answer
1. Most famous Theorem of Triangles in Geometry?
Answer: Pythagoras’ Theorem
2. How many Faces are there in a Pyramid?
3. Roman Number of 400?
4. Roman Number of 500?
5. Roman Number of 600?
6. Roman Number of 900?
7. Roman Number of 1000?
8. Angles greater than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees are called?
Answer: Obtuse angles
9. How many sides are there in a Heptagon?
10. Solid shape that has four equal triangles?
11. What part of a Revolution have you turned through if you stand facing west and turn clockwise to face South?
12. Who discovered ∮ Contour Integral sign?
Answer: Arnold Sommerfeld
13. Who discovered Existential Quantifier ∃ (there exists)?
Answer: Giuseppe Peano
14. Who invented ± Plus-Minus sign?
Answer: William Oughtred
15. Father of Cryptology?
Answer: Leon Battista Alberti
16. What is the shape of a Brick in India?
17. Where did the “Magic Square” originate?
Answer: Ancient China
18. Which movie is based on Srinivasa Ramanujan?
Answer: The Man Who Knew Infinity
19. Number between 50 and 60, which is a multiple of 7 and 8?
20. Who invented “∇” the Nabla symbol?
Answer: William Rowan Hamilton
21. Who is known as Human Computer?
Answer: Shakuntala Devi
22. Name of the symbol φ ?
Answer: Golden ratio
23. Name of the symbol Δ ?
24. How many Centimeters make a Decameter?
25. What is the name of the following sequences 0,1,1,2,3,5,8….?
Answer: The Fibonacci Sequences
26. Who discovered “/” Division Slash (solidus)?
Answer: Thomas Twining
27. Ashok has an equal number of one rupee, five rupees, and 10 rupees notes. If he has ₹320 with him, what will be the number of each rupee note?
28. What is the other name of the Perimeter of a Circle?
29. Who discovered the Proportionality Sign ∝ ?
Answer: William Emerson (1768)
30. Who discovered the partial differential sign ∂ (curly d or Jacobi’s delta)?