Last Updated: 20 July 2021
Do you know Agartala is India’s Third International Internet Gateway after Mumbai and Chennai?
Yes, the Residents of Tripura will soon be able to experience High-Speed Fiber Internet.
Tripura is the 26th Largest state in India. It is located in the Northeastern region of India that is connected to the rest of the states via NH8.
This Article includes General Knowledge of Tripura Culture, Ethnicity, Rivers, Ministers, Municipalities, Districts, etc that will give you a crystal Idea about the state.
Read all the Tripura Static GK Questions And Answers, that can be very helpful for your TPSC and other competitive Exams.
|Highlights Of Tripura|
|4||Official languages||Bengali, Kokborok, Hindi|
|5||Chief Minister||Biplab Kumar Deb|
|6||Deputy Chief Minister||Jishnu DebBarman|
|7||Governor||Satyadev Narayan Arya|
|8||Party In Power||BJP|
Tripura Static GK
Answer: Mizoram and Assam
Answer: Manikya Dynasty
Explanation: The First Smallest State is Goa with an area of 3,702 km2, the Second being Sikkim with an area of 7,096 km2, Third being Tripura with an area of 10,491 km2
Answer: National Highway 8
3) Jampui Hills
1) Don Bosco School (CBSE)
2) Holy Cross School (CISCE)
3) St. Arnold’s School (CBSE)
4) St. Paul’s School (CISCE)
5) St. John’s School (CBSE)
6) Saint Andre School (CBSE)
Answer: North, South, and West
Answer: 21st January 1972
Answer: Agartala Municipal Corporation
Answer: 8 (Eight)
4) North Tripura
6) South Tripura
8) West Tripura
Answer: Biplab Kumar Deb
Answer: Jishnu DebBarman
Related: 100+ GK Questions And Answer On Northeast India
Answer: 1 November 1956
Answer: Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya Debbarman Bahadur
Answer: 1 (One)
Answer: Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport
Answer: 15 October 1949
Answer: Twi: Water and Pra: Near
Answer: Land Near the Water (Kokborok)
Answer: Betlingchhip (930m/3,051ft)
Location: North Tripura District
1) Bison (Rajbari) National Park: South Tripura District
2) Clouded Leopard National Park: Sepahijala District
1) Animal: Phayre’s Leaf Monkey
2) Bird: Green Imperial Pigeon
3) Tree: Agarwood
4) Flower: Mesua Ferrea
5) Fruit: Queen Pineapple
Answer: 23 (Twenty Three)
Answer: Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council
1) Durga Chowmuhani
5) Yuvaraj Nagar
1) Dhalai: Ambassa
2) Gomati: Udaipur
3) Khowai: Khowai
4) North Tripura: Dharmanagar
5) Sepahijala: Bishramganj
6) South Tripura: Belonia
7) Unakoti: Kailashahar
8) West Tripura: Agartala
Answer: Ashokan Pillar Inscriptions
Answer: North Tripura (Dharmanagar Municipal Council)
Related: List Of City Name Changes In India (A Complete List)
Answer: Ranirbazar Municipal Council
1) Kumarghat Municipal Council
2) Kailashahar Municipal Council
Answer: West Tripura
Answer: Haora River
Answer: 76.51 km²
Answer: Ratan Lal Nath
Answer: High Court Of Tripura
Districts With Sub-Divisions And Blocks
|3||Kamalpur||a) Durga Chowmuhani|
|4||Longtarai Valley||a) Chawmanu|
|North Tripura District|
b) Yuvaraj Nagar
b) Jampui Hill
|South Tripura District|
|1||Belonia||a) Bharat Chandra Nagar|
|2||Sabroom||a) Poang Bari|
|West Tripura District|
51. What is the Full Form of GBP Hospital?
Answer: Govind Ballabh Pant Hospital
52. Where is Tripura Legislative Assembly?
Answer: Kunjaban Agartala
53. Which Government Office is Located near Tripura Legislative Assembly?
Answer: The Secretariat
54. What is the Pin Code of Agartala?
55. Which Districts have the least number of Police Stations in Tripura?
Answer: Khowai and Unakoti Districts (5 Police Stations each)
56. What are the Popular Dances of Tripura?
1) Goria Dance
2) Jhum Dance
3) Lebang Dance
4) Mamita Dance
5) Mosak Sulmani Dance
6) Hojagiri Dance
7) Bizhu Dance
8) Wangala Dance
9) Hai-Hak Dance
10) Owa Dance
57. What is the Name of the State Museum located in Agartala?
Answer: Ujjayanta Palace
58. Which God is Believed to be Patron Goddess of Tripura by the Hindus of Tripura?
Answer: Tripura Sundari
59. What are the Important Festivals of Tripura?
3) Durga Puja
4) Ganga Puja
5) Garia puja
6) Kali Puja
7) Ker puja
8) Kharchi puja
60. What is the Name of the Water Palace of Tripura?
Tripura Municipals District Wise
|1||Dhalai||a) Kamalpur Nagar Panchayet|
b) Ambassa Municipal Council
|2||Gomati||a) Udaipur Municipal Council|
b) Amarpur Nagar Panchayet
|3||Khowai||a) Khowai Municipal Council|
b) Teliamura Municipal Council
|4||North Tripura||a) Dharmanagar Municipal Council|
|5||Sipahijala||a) Bishalgarh Municipal Council|
b) Sonamura Nagar Panchayet
c) Melaghar Municipal Council
|6||South Tripura||a) Santirbazar Municipal Council|
b) Belonia Municipal Council
c) Sabroom Nagar Panchayet
|7||Unakoti||a) Kumarghat Municipal Council|
b) Kailashahar Municipal Council
|8||West Tripura||a) Agartala Municipal Corporation|
b) Ranirbazar Municipal Council
61. Which is the Oldest Church in Tripura?
Answer: Union Baptist Church
62. Who are the Major News Publishers of Tripura?
1) Dainik Sambad (Bengali)
2) Syandhan Patrika (Bengali)
3)Tripura Darpan (Bengali)
4) Tripura Times (English)
5) Ajker Fariad (Bengali)
6) Bartaman (Bengali)
7) Daily Desher Katha (Bengali)
8) Dainik Ganadoot (Bengali)
63. What is the Name of the Central University of Tripura?
Answer: Tripura University
64. Which is the Only State University of Tripura?
Answer: Maharaja Bir Bikram University
65. When was Maharaja Bir Bikram University established?
66. Who is the first Vice-Chancellor of Maharaja Bir Bikram University?
Answer: Gautam Kumar Basu
67. Which Colleges are Affiliated by MBB University?
1) Bir Bikram Memorial College
2) Maharaja Bir Bikram College
3) Tripura Government Law College
68. Which National Institute is Present in Tripura?
Answer: National Institute of Technology Agartala
69. Which is the only State Own Engineering College in Tripura?
Answer: Tripura Institute of Technology
70. Which is the Oldest School In Tripura?
Answer: Umakanta Academy
Padma Shri Award Recipients
|2||Benichandra Jamatia||2020||Literature & Education|
|4||Somdev Kishore Devvarman||2018||Sports|
71. What is the Kokborok Term for King?
Answer: Habugra & Bubagra
72. Where does the number of Rivers originating in the hills of Tripura flow?
73. Which are the Major Rivers in Tripura?
1) Dhalai River
2) Feni River
3) Gomati River
4) Haora River
5) Juri River
6) Longai River
7) Manu River
8) Muhuri River
9) Khowai River
10) Sunai River
74. What are the Crops Found in Tripura?
75. Which is the Major Crop of Tripura?
76. Which River has Hydro Power Station in Tripura?
Answer: Gumti River (or Gomati)
77. Name the Wildlife Sanctuaries of Tripura?
1) Gumti Wildlife Sanctuaries
2) Rowa Wildlife Sanctuaries
3) Sipahijola Wildlife Sanctuaries
4) Trishna Wildlife Sanctuaries
78. How many seats are reserved for Tripura in Loksabha?
Answer: 2 (Two ST seats)
79. How many seats are reserved for Tripura in Rajya Sabha?
Answer: 1 (one)
80. What is the Next Railway Station after Agartala Railway Station?
Answer: Jogendranagar Railway Station
Councils Of Ministers Of Tripura
|1||Biplab Kumar Deb||1) General Administration Department|
3) Health & Family Welfare
4) Industry & Commerce + IT
5) Information & Cultural Affairs
7) Public Works Department + DWS
8) Urban Development Department
9) All Departments that are not Allocated to any Minister
|2||Jishnu Dev Varma||1) Finance|
2) Planning and Coordination + Statistics
4) RD + Panchayat
5) Science, Technology & Environment
|3||Narendra Chandra Debbarma||1) Fisheries|
|4||Ratan Lal Nath||1) Education (Higher)|
2) Education (School)
3) Law + Parliamentary Affairs
4) Welfare of Backward Communities
5) Welfare of Minorities
|5||Pranajit Singha Roy||1) Agriculture|
|6||Manoj Kanti Deb||1) Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs|
2) Youth Affairs & Sports
|7||Mevar Kumar Jamatia||1) Forest|
2) Tribal Welfare
|8||Santana Chakma||1) Animal Resource Development|
2) Social Welfare & Social Education
81. Which Religions are found in Tripura?
5) Jainism, etc
82. Name the Folk Dances of Tripura?
2) Lebang Bumani
4) Mosak Sulmani
5) Hojagiri, etc
83. What are the Major Cuisines of Tripura?
5) Bangwi, etc
84. Where is Tripura Sundari Temple Located?
85. Who is the Minister Of Finance of Tripura?
Answer: Jishnu DebBarma
86. What is the Full Form of TIDC?
Answer: Tripura Industrial Development Corporation
87. Where does the Tripura Sundari Express Train Run?
Answer: Vihar Terminal (Delhi) to Agartala (Tripura)
88. What is the name of the Lake where Neer Mahal is Located?
Answer: Rudra Sagar Lake
89. Where did the First Tea Industry Begin in Tripura?
Answer: Hiracherra Tea Estate (1916)
90. What is the Name of the Artificial Lake in Tripura?
91. Which Fruit of Tripura is tagged as a product of Geographical Indication(GI)?
Answer: Tripura Queen Pineapple
92. From where does the Agartala Flyover Start and Ends?
Answer: Drop Gate to Fire Brigade Chowmuhani
93. Where is India’s first Cyber Forensic Lab set up?
Explanation: It was set up on 11 August 2013 at the Tripura High Court. The purpose of the lab was to facilitate information related to court cases.
94. Where is Coconut Lake in Tripura?
95. Which Tree is the state Tree of Tripura?
Answer: Agar Tree
96. Who was the first Chief Minister of Tripura?
Answer: Sachindra Lal Singh
97. Which is the Longest River in Tripura?
Answer: Manu River
98. Where was Northeast’s first Kisan Call Center Setup?
Explanation: It was Launched on 9 March 2015 by former Chief Minister Manik Sarkar.
99. Who served as the Longest Chief Minister of Tripura?
Answer: Manik Sarkar (20 Years)
100. Who gave the Name for the Ujjyanta Palace Located in Agartala?
Answer: Rabindranath Tagore
Full Forms Related To Tripura
|2||ATPLO||All Tripura People’s Liberation Organization|
|3||ATTF||All Tripura Tiger Force|
|4||BNCT||Borok National Council of Tripura|
|5||CEM||Chief Executive Member|
|6||CPI (M)||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|7||INPT||Indigenous Nationalist Party of Twipra|
|8||IPFT||Indigenous People’s Front of Tripura|
|9||IYFT||Indigenous Youth Federation of Twipra|
|10||JACCST||Joint Action Committee of Civil Societies of Tripura|
|12||JMC||Joint Movement Committee|
|13||MBDPF||Mizoram Bru Displaced Peoples Forum|
|14||MDC||Member of District Council|
|15||NCT||National Conference of Tripura|
|16||NEIDP||North East India Development Party|
|17||NLFT||National Liberation Front of Tripura|
|18||NSPT||National Socialist Party of Tripura|
|19||RSP||Revolutionary Socialist Party|
|20||TDSSM||Twipra Dophani Sikla Srwngnai Motha|
|21||TGM||Tripura Ganatantrik Manch|
|22||TIPRA||The Indigenous Progressive Regional Alliance|
|23||TLF||Tripura Lion Force|
|24||TLO||Tripura Liberation Organization|
|25||TNA||Tripura National Army|
|26||TNV||Tripura National Volunteers|
|27||TPCC||Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee|
|28||TPDF||Tripura Peoples’ Democratic Front|
|29||TPF||Tripura People’s Front|
|30||TPP||Tripura People’s Party|
|31||TRMPM||Tripura Rajya Muslim Praja Majlish|
|32||TSF||Twipra Students’ Federation|
|33||TSP||Tipraland State Party|
|34||TTAADC||Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council|
|35||TTCA||Tripura Territorial Council Act|
|36||TTYF||Tripura Tribal Youth Force|
|37||TUIPC||Tripura United Indigenous Peoples Council|
|38||TUJS||Tripura Upajati Juba Samiti|
|39||TWF||Tipra Women Federation|
|40||TYA||Tribal Youth Association|
|41||TYR||Tripura Young Rifle|
|42||YTF||Youth Tipra Federation|
101. Who was the Chief Minister of Tripura From 10 April 1993 to 11 March 1998?
Answer: Dasarath Deb
102. Which is the Largest District of Tripura?
Answer: Dhalai (2,400 km2)
103. When is Garia Puja Performed?
104. Which King built Neermahal?
Answer: Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya
105. Which is The First Daily Newspaper of Tripura?
106. Which Country is Comparable to Tripura by its size?
107. What is the distance between Udaipur to Agartala?
Answer: 50 Km (Approx.)
108. How many numbers of teachers were terminated from their Government jobs?
109. Who is the founder of Ganamukti Parishad?
Answer: Dasarath Deb
110. How many districts of Tripura does Dhalai District share its border?
Answer: 4 (Gomati, Khowai, Unakoti, North Tripura)
111. What is the border length of Tripura with Bangladesh?
Answer: 856 km
112. Where is the Headquarters of TTAADC?
Answer: Radhapur (Khumulwng)
113. Who is the first Union Minister of Tripura?
Answer: Pratima Bhoumik (BJP: 7th July 2021)
114. Which Governor of Tripura took office on 7th July 2021?
Answer: Satyadev Narayan Arya
115. Who was the Spouse of Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishore Debbarman?
Answer: Kanchan Prava Devi
116. Who was the Son of Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishore Debbarman?
Answer: Kirit Bikram Kishore Deb Barman
117. Who was the Son of Kirit Bikram Kishore Deb Barman?
Answer: Maharaja Pradyot Bikram Manikya Deb Barman
118. Which King of Tripura established Umakanta Academy?
Answer: Maharaja Bir Chandra Manikya
119. Who is regarded as the first female photographer of India?
Answer: Maharani Khuman Chanu Manmohini Devi
120. Who created the post of chief secretary in Tripura?
Answer: Maharaja Birendra Kishore Manikya
|1||Pradyot Kishore Bikram Manikya DebBarman|
D.O.B: 4 Jul 1978
|Titular: 2006-Present||~||Kirit Bikram Kishore Manikya DebBarman||Bibhu Kumari Devi|
|2||Kirit Bikram Kishore Manikya DebBarman|
|Bibhu Kumari Devi||Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya DebBarman||Kanchan Prava Devi|
|3||Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya DebBarman|
D.O.B: 19 Aug 1908
|1923-1947||Kanchan Prava Devi||Birendra Kishore Manikya Debbarman||Arundhuti Devi|
|4||Birendra Kishore Manikya DebBarman||1909-1923||Arundhuti Devi||Radha Kishore Manikya||~|
|5||Radha Kishore Manikya DebBarman||1896-1909||~||Bir Chandra Manikya DebBarman||Khuman Chanu Manmohini Devi|
|6||Bir Chandra Kishore Manikya DebBarman||1862-1896||Khuman Chanu Manmohini Devi||~||~|
|7||Ishan Chandra Kishore Manikya DebBarman||1849-1862||~||Krishna Kishore Manikya||~|
TTAADC Related GK
121. Who is the CEO of TTAADC?
Answer: Abhishek Chandra
122. The newly elected members of TTAADC 2021 sworn under which Governor?
Answer: Ramesh Bais
123. Who is the administrator of TTAADC?
Answer: G.K. Rao
124. Who is the P.S. to the Chief Executive Officer of TTAADC?
Answer: Ratul Debbarma
125. Who is the Health Minister of TTAADC?
Answer: Kamal Kalai
Miniters Of TTAADC
|1||Purna Chandra Jamatia|
(Chief Executive Member)
3) General Administration
5) Science & Technology
7) All other Portfolios not allocated to any Minister
2) Animal Resource Development
|4||Bhaba Ranjan Reang|
4) Tribal Welfare
|1) Youth Affairs|
2) Public Works Department
|1) Social Welfare|
2) Social Education Department
126. Who is the Chairman of the TIPRA Party?
Answer: Pradyot Bikram Manikya DebBarman
127. Who is the President of the Youth Tipra Federation?
Answer: Runiel Debbarma (MDC)
128. Who is the President of the TIPRA Party?
Answer: Bijoy Kumar Hrangkhawl
129. When was the TIPRA Praty Founded?
130. What are some of the Slogans of the TIPRA Party?
1) Tiprasa Ayuk Lokthung
2) Swkang Dopha Ulobo Dopha
3) Puila Jati Ulobo Jati
4) Pal Hinkhe Sa
131. Who was the first MLA of Tripura who resigned from his post as the Member of Legislative Assembly?
Answer: Brishaketu Debbarma (Ex IPFT)
132. How many Zonal Development Offices (ZNOs) are in TTAADC?
133. How many Sub Zonal Development Offices (SZNOs) are in TTAADC?
Answer: 37 (Thirty-Seven)
134. How many Village Councils are in TTAADC?
135. What is the term limit of the Winning Party in the TTAADC election?
Answer: 5 Years
136. Who is the chairman of the Legislative Council of TTAADC?
Answer: Jagadish Debbarma
137. How many seats were won by the TIPRA Motha in the TTAADC Election 2021?
Answer: 18 (Eighteen)
138. How many seats were won by the BJP in the TTAADC Election 2021?
Answer: 9 (Nine)
139. How many members are nominated by the Governor of Tripura in the Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council?
Answer: 2 (Two)
140. What is the total number of Seats in the TTAADC?
Answer: 30 Seats
Zonal Headquarters Of TTAADC
|No.||Name of Zone||Headquarter|
|1||West Zone||Khumulwng, West Tripura|
|2||South Zone||Birchandra Manu, South Tripura|
|3||North Zone||Machmara, North Tripura|
|4||Dhalai Zone||Manughat, Dhalai Tripura|
|5||Gandacharra Zone||Gandacharra, Dhalai Tripura|
141. Who was the independent member who won the seat in TTAADC Election?
Answer: Bhowmika Nanda Reang (Ganganagar-Gandacherra Constituency)
142. How many Constituencies of TTAADC are unreserved?
Answer: 3 (Three)
143. Which are the Constituencies of TTAADC that are unreserved?
144. When was the headquarter of TTAADC shifted to Khumulwng from Agartala?
Answer: 23 August 1992
145. What are the two types of Power of TTAADC under the Sixth Schedule Constitution of India?
Answer: Legislative Power & Executive Power
146. Who is the Principal Officer of TTAADC?
Answer: K. Chakraborty
147. When was the last election held in TTAADC?
Answer: 6 April 2021
148. When was the Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council (TTAADC) Act passed in the Indian Parliament?
149. When did the TTAADC Act come into effect?
Answer: 15 January 1982
150. What is the total area of TTAADC?
Answer: 7,132.56 km2 (68 % of Tripura’s Total Area of 10,491 km2)
151. When was the first time Pecharthal RD Block was bifurcated?
Answer: 28 November 1994
152. When was the second time Pecharthal RD Block was bifurcated?
Answer: 1 April 1999
153. Which RD Block was created by the bifurcation of Pecharthal RD Block?
Answer: Damcherra RD Block
154. Who is the first Padma Shri Recipient from Tripura?
Answer: Rathindra Datta (1992 for Medicine)
155. Who is the Padma Shri Recipient from Tripura in 2021?
Answer: Satyaram Reang (2021 for Arts)
Rural Development Blocks In TTAADC
|1||West Tripura||1) Lefunga|
|2||North Tripura||1) Damcherra|
2) Jampui Hill
|3||South Tripura||1) Ompinagar|